• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Worst band names?

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Bro,

Before you go criticizing the Doors, do you even know what is means?

They were previously the Doors of Perception.

""If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern."

Named after Aldous Huxley's book 'The Doors of Perception & Heaven and Hell' based off of William Blake's 'The Marriage of Heaven and Hell' ( I believe Synarch posted a thread about the Marriage of Heaven and Hell.

"There is the seen, and the unseen, and what lies in between are the Doors."

It's probably one of the most stellar topic of consciousness, in my opinion. Transforming the message through a band is brilliant.

People don't appreciate the Doors as much as they should. They don't see through the Doors.

Now don't you go criticizing stuff when you don't know. Jim Morrison is the man. He's got it.

The Doors were good. Jim Morrison was a jackass.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
The Doors were good. Jim Morrison was a jackass.

He really was a total dick. He once pulled a knife on his high school girlfriend and told her to kill him. He was a total burnout/psychopath. But his intent was good.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I admire that you can diffuse it like that OWS. :)

Like jeno said, I have bands I'm protective of too. I don't like anybody to say anything mean about my boyfriend Sufjan Stevens (that means you pure_merc!)

What? Oh, sorry. Someone mentioned Sufjan Stevens, and I fell asleep on the spot. . .

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
He really was a total dick. He once pulled a knife on his high school girlfriend and told her to kill him. He was a total burnout/psychopath. But his intent was good.

And "Hello, I Love You" is one of the dumbest songs of the late-'60s, when there were many, many dumb songs.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
And "Hello, I Love You" is one of the dumbest songs of the late-'60s, when there were many, many dumb songs.

That is one of the few Doors songs that I CAN'T STAND. It's not melodic or flowing. It's like organ jolts and jittery speaking. That's about the best I can define it.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Same here. I always thought I'd really like the Doors, blues-based rock and such... but other than a handful of songs I think they suck.

As much as I try, I just cannot stand the doors. I find his voice grating, and all that organ drives me up the wall.

Wordy word wordness. I tried, I really did, to like The Doors. I love blues-based rock, too, and that era is my favorite era in rock. Still can't do it. I do like a few of their songs, though.

I always though Ratt and Dokken were stupid band names. I agree with the Supertramp nomination, as well.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
That is one of the few Doors songs that I CAN'T STAND. It's not melodic or flowing. It's like organ jolts and jittery speaking. That's about the best I can define it.

Every note that Ray Manzarek plays in that song is like a fart in my face.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7

Yea, Jim Morrison had his fair share of problems- but The Doors was one of the trippiest bands of the Sixties- "Light My Fire" is one of my favorite songs of all time and "Gloria" is a cool song too.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Yea, Jim Morrison had his fair share of problems- but The Doors was one of the trippiest bands of the Sixties- "Light My Fire" is one of my favorite songs of all time and "Gloria" is a cool song too.

"Gloria" is a cover! The superior Morrison (Van) wrote that song and recorded it with Them in 1964.

YouTube - Them Gloria

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Did anyone mention Sugar Ray? *shakes the radio until it mercifully dies*

Hootie and the Blowfish? Color Mi Badd?! Pussycat Dolls?!

We have a local band called Yo Mama's Big Fat Booty Band - now THAT's a name.

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Green Day is just a terrible name, Billie Joe Armstrong even stated in an interview that he regrets the name.

I also hate Blackeyed Peas, Street Sweepers Social Club (...seriously, why so complicated?), We The Kings, 50 Cent (not a band, but still a terrible persona)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Did anyone mention Sugar Ray? *shakes the radio until it mercifully dies*

Hootie and the Blowfish? Color Mi Badd?! Pussycat Dolls?!

Boyz II Men. Tony!Toni!Tone! (or whatever) Barenaked Ladies. (90s band names were particularly lame.)

We have a local band called Yo Mama's Big Fat Booty Band - now THAT's a name.

That is awesome. I always thought Yo Mama would make an excellent band name.

"Who'd you see last night?"
"Yo Mama."

"How was Yo Mama? Was Yo Mama good?"

Etc., etc. :smile:

P

Phantonym

Ok here are a few names that always give me the laughs:

30 Odd Foot Of Grunts; 30 Seconds To Mars; ABBA; Alien Ant Farm; The All-American Rejects; Bananarama; Kajagoogoo; Yes; Wet Wet Wet; The Unbelievable Uglies; Blue Öyster Cult; Boy Meets Girl; The Boy Least Likely To; Blink 182; Toto; The Byrds; The Cardigans; The Cars; Crash Test Dummies; The Darkness; Stone The Crows; Dexy's Midnight Runners; Does It Offend You, Yeah!; Fine Young Cannibals; Go West; Good Charlotte; I Am Kloot; Jimmy Eat World; Johnny Hates Jazz; Larry Lurex; Mamas & Papas; Manfred Mann's Earth Band; Simply Red; System Of A Down; Red House Painters; The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus; Mike & The Mechanics; Huey Lewis & The News; Mott The Hoople; P.O.D.; Papa Roach; Puddle of Mudd; The Pussycat Dolls; ? & The Mysterians.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
I'm noticing a positive relationship between bad names and bad music. :huh:

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Ok here are a few names that always give me the laughs:

30 Odd Foot Of Grunts; 30 Seconds To Mars; ABBA; Alien Ant Farm; The All-American Rejects; Bananarama; Kajagoogoo; Yes; Wet Wet Wet; The Unbelievable Uglies; Blue Öyster Cult; Boy Meets Girl; The Boy Least Likely To; Blink 182; Toto; The Byrds; The Cardigans; The Cars; Crash Test Dummies; The Darkness; Stone The Crows; Dexy's Midnight Runners; Does It Offend You, Yeah!; Fine Young Cannibals; Go West; Good Charlotte; I Am Kloot; Jimmy Eat World; Johnny Hates Jazz; Larry Lurex; Mamas & Papas; Manfred Mann's Earth Band; Simply Red; System Of A Down; Red House Painters; The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus; Mike & The Mechanics; Huey Lewis & The News; Mott The Hoople; P.O.D.; Papa Roach; Puddle of Mudd; The Pussycat Dolls; ? & The Mysterians.

Some of these names are great. ABBA, The Byrds, Crash Test Dummies, Fine Young Cannibals, ? & the Mysterians. Nothing wrong with those.