• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Poll: Alison Mosshart and Jack White's Bands

Which?

• The White Stripes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • The Raconteurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Kills

• The Dead Weather

• The White Stripes and The Raconteurs

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • The White Stripes and The Dead Weather

• The White Stripes and The Kills

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • The White Stripes, The Raconteurs, and The Kills

• The White Stripes, The Raconteurs, and The Dead Weather

• The Raconteurs and The Kills

• The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather

• The Raconteurs, The Kills, and The Dead Weather

• The Kills and The Dead Weather

• I like all of these bands equally.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I don't like any of these bands.

• I've never heard of these bands.

• I've heard of these bands, but couldn't name their music.

• Can two people really be considered "a band"?

• I hate rock music in general.

• Dead Leaves and The Dirty Ground

• Total voters

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Who saw The White Stripes live? or do you prefer the Raconteurs?

The Kills or The Dead Weather?

The Kills and The White Stripes are my favorites. I saw the White Stripes live at the Hard Rock in Vegas in 2003 or 2004.

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
man, i haven't listened to the kills in a while but i really liked their first album and saw them once. the white stripes were my favorite band for a while, saw them twice. haven't picked up the latest album, though. was not at all impressed with the single. much much prefer the debut and de stijl, though WBC, elephant and "satan" have some great tracks. totally wanted to marry jack white when i was about 13, haha.

what do you think of dead weather? i haven't looked into them much..

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
what do you think of dead weather? i haven't looked into them much..

I'm still trying to make up my mind about them. I know I do like "Hang You From the Heavens" and "Treat Me Like Your Mother" is okay. In a month I might love them. Or not. I dunno.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Although I love the Raconteurs and like the Dead Weather record, I had to put just White Stripes because they are my favorite band. I've seen them four times and they are spectacular. Saw the Raconteurs twice; once was amazing, once was meh. Seeing the Dead Weather next month. Don't really know anything about The Kills.

"Treat Me Like Your Mother" is one of the best songs I've heard in a while, and there are a few other very good songs on the Dead Weather record, but it's not a top to bottom killer.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like the White Stripes (except for their last few albums), and saw them live once years ago & it was a really good show. I'm not a huge fan though.
I do not like The Raconteurs. I find their music boring.
I like The Kills a lot; they're one of my favorite bands in recent years...I've seen them live twice & I think Alison Mosshart has great stage presence.
The Dead Weather sound okay from what I've heard...much better than The Raconteurs.

MBTI Type
INTJ
The White Stripes do great covers. In addition to those two, their "Lord, Send Me An Angel" is great.