First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    It's really fun to listen to. "Nothing Else Matters" is mushy elevator music, but most of the rest of that album is awesome. Bob Rock is kinda cheesy, but he made them sound great on the whole thing. Remember how AWFUL . . .And Justice for All sounded? Metallica put out more good music in the '90s than most people give them credit for (kinda like Bowie's '80s output).
    Yeah I'm talking more about balls-out groove metal tracks like "Sad But True"; that one's a favorite. And Justice doesn't sound THAT bad...if you don't think metal bands need bass players, that is.

One thing I did like that Pitchfork said about St. Anger, given that Bob Rock played bass on it/produced it, was that: "Bob Rock's bass neither bobs nor rocks."

teehee.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Yeah I'm talking more about balls-out groove metal tracks like "Sad But True"; that one's a favorite. And Justice doesn't sound THAT bad...if you don't think metal bands need bass players, that is.

One thing I did like that Pitchfork said about St. Anger, given that Bob Rock played bass on it/produced it, was that: "Bob Rock's bass neither bobs nor rocks."

teehee.

I happen to believe that a band is only as good as its rhythm section.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Thank you. THANK YOU. The Black Album is terrific. I'm so fucking sicking of hearing people dismiss music based on its fanbase numbers. "Way more people liked them on their later albums, so the later albums most therefore be...worse"? Really?
    Well I know that Load, ReLoad and St. Anger were all bad. The Black Album was decent. But Master and Justice are awesome. Anyone who says Justice sucks is just being thick.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Well I know that Load, ReLoad and St. Anger were all bad. The Black Album was decent. But Master and Justice are awesome.

Death Magnetic and Reload aren't bad. Metallica is better than . . . And Justice for All.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Death Magnetic and Reload aren't bad. Metallica is better than . . . And Justice for All.
    Metallica is definitely catchier than ...Justice. It takes a few listens but when you really listen to it, Justice has its moments. ...Justice is more like progressive metal rather than the thrash metal of Master and Ride the Lightning that makes Metallica a household name.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I happen to believe that a band is only as good as its rhythm section.
    Awww I would totally go ESFJ for you

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Ok, fact of life from a semi-professional musician, if you use the term "sell out" you don't know a god damn thing about the music industry.
    Don't bitch at me as if I know nothing about the music industry. I know no matter what, even if you sell a million copies of your album and go platinum in 9204802384392 countries, you're still not making that much money. So whether or not they felt the need to commercialize their products, you can tell Metallica, while being a fantastic band (and I mean that), behind the music they're a bunch of money hungry guys. Just look at the whole Napster controversy, that's more than proof.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Don't bitch at me as if I know nothing about the music industry. I know no matter what, even if you sell a million copies of your album and go platinum in 9204802384392 countries, you're still not making that much money. So whether or not they felt the need to commercialize their products, you can tell Metallica, while being a fantastic band (and I mean that), behind the music they're a bunch of money hungry guys. Just look at the whole Napster controversy, that's more than proof.
    It's a shame I agree with you on so many bands or I would have more motivation to continue arguing.

The Moon and Antarctica is my favorite album of all time, so...I'll let you go.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's a shame I agree with you on so many bands or I would have more motivation to continue arguing.

The Moon and Antarctica is my favorite album of all time, so...I'll let you go.
    I LOVE YOU. The Moon & Antarctica is definitely in my top 10 albums. But I fear that Modest Mouse may not be able to live up to this album. There new EP just came out today as a matter of fact, and I'm anxious to get my hands on it (or download it )

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Nah, they won't ever match that record.

The newer stuff is pretty cool and the whole Marr thing is nice, but Isaac Brock is too happy now to write anything that powerful again.