• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Good examples that typify one-letter type differences such as ISFJ/ESFJ

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Where are you guys getting ESTP for Rachel?

well... when you compare her with joey (a fellow esp), i think it's fairly obvious?

I think Bart Simpson is an ESTP, but anyway...

INFP/INTP: Angela & Brian from My So-Called Life
ESTP/ENTP: Indiana Jones & Doctor Who
ISFP/INFP: Sam & Frodo from Lord of the Rings?
ISFP/ISTP: Brennan & Dale from Step Brothers

Bart IS an ESTP

but Sam from LOTR is an ISFJ

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
no

how about you explain why you think otherwise, as i'm not the only one who thinks she's an ESTP

No??? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just want to know. I have a hard time identifying Ti in people.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
No??? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just want to know. I have a hard time identifying Ti in people.

ah okay

well, i don't go by individual functions as such(because it sucks) so i can't say why, really. It just seemed obvious to me if you hold her up next to joey

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hmmm, how about Arrested Development? Michael Bluth = ISTJ and his son, George Michael (Jr) = ISFJ.

Fruits Basket: ISFJ-Tohru Honda vs. INFJ-Yuki Sohma :yes:

Harry Potter: ISFP-Harry vs. ESFP-Ron

Star Wars: ISTP-Han Solo vs. ISTJ-Obi-Wan Kenobi? (though I think there's an INTP Obi-Wan contingent) Not a great example as they fulfill very different roles in the plot.
INFP-Luke Skywalker vs. ISFP-Anakin Skywalker (somewhat inconsistent writing though)

Heroes: INFP-Mohinder vs. INFJ-Peter (I thought they were somewhat comparable as main protagonists- certainly comparable by how dumb they seem to act.)

new Battlestar Gallactica: ESTP-Starbuck vs. ESTJ-Lee Adama?

Ghost World: INTP-Enid vs. ISTP-Rebecca?

More on How I Met Your Mother... I think:
Robin - ESTP
Barney - ESTP
Lily - ENFJ
Ted - ENFP
Marshall - ISTJ

... now I need to think of types that we're actually missing :huh:

ha, I just started watching this show! I would say maybe...

robin estp
barney entp
lily infp or enfp
ted infp?
marshall isfj maybe?

give or take a few letters.

I definitely agree with Robin = ESTP, but I think...
Barney: ENFP
Lily: ESFJ
Ted: INFJ
Marshall: iNFP?

To be honest I never liked friends. (I am aware of the irony :rolleyes:)

It'd be ironic if you liked the show. :newwink: I love me some semantics.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I take it nobody has any qualms with Chandler as ENTP and Joey as ESFP?

I see Chandler as an introvert. I'd go with INTP. ENTPs are usually smoother with the ladies, right?

Rachel - ESTP, tertiary Fe
Ross - IxFJ, I'm not sure I see him as intuitive....? He's waaay too sensitive to an NT.
Phoebe - ENFP
Joey - ESFP
Monica - ESFJ - very bossy, seems concerned with being "normal", wants everyone to like her