• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Good examples that typify one-letter type differences such as ISFJ/ESFJ

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I asked if I could cheat!

And Monica is an ESTJ, not ESFJ, or so it has been agreed upon here.

Jasmine is a classic INFJ. Compare her to Esmeralda and you'll see who the ENFJ is.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESFJ/ESFP

Monica and Rachel -Friends

I think Monica is ISTJ, or maybe ESTJ, but not an F.

Also, and I am less sure of this one, Rachel may be an ESTP. If you look at her in comparison to the obviously ESFP Joey, she does seem more T...though she may just be a slight/moderate F.

Anyone else have any idea on those? Or the other characters? My reads: (Ross INFJ, Chandler ENTP, Phoebe ISFP.)

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Why not Fe for Monica? With her obsession with holidays, weddings, birthdays etc? and her desire to serve/ be a great hostess? being presentable and her desperate need for approval? Sentimentality over stupid things? Not to mention that she is not the slightest bit logical.

I think she is very Fe, the demanding kind of Fe that everyone hates.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why not Fe for Monica? With her obsession with holidays, weddings, birthdays etc? and her desire to serve/ be a great hostess? being presentable and her desperate need for approval? Sentimentality over stupid things? Not to mention that she is not the slightest bit logical.

I think she is very Fe, the demanding kind of Fe that everyone hates.

Coz she's often also quite blunt socially, quite focussed on herself and she rules at organizing stuff, is highly, neurotically competitive and craves order. It's the SJ in her that makes her want to be all those things as it's expected by society and she takes pride in being the best.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think Monica is ISTJ, or maybe ESTJ, but not an F.

Also, and I am less sure of this one, Rachel may be an ESTP. If you look at her in comparison to the obviously ESFP Joey, she does seem more T...though she may just be a slight/moderate F.

Anyone else have any idea on those? Or the other characters? My reads: (Ross INFJ, Chandler ENTP, Phoebe ISFP.)

Chandler ENTP

Ross INTJ I believe despite his teddybear quality. He's so often socially awkward as well, but when he makes an argument that makes sense he uses Te (remember his debate with Pheebs on evolution). Most of the time he will however use his Fi to deliver the msg better. Definitely a soft T.

Phoebs is an ENFP, I fear. The word used in the series to describe her was 'flaky'. She has strong beliefs and core values, is crazy and bubbly and comes up with the most crazy stories and connections that nobody can follow.

Rachel was described as a push-over in the series. I doubt that says ESTP, but that could just be me, though I admit she's quite capable in both F and T.

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Jasmine as an INFJ makes sense too. I'm not really that great at spotting INFJs in all honesty; wish I was better at it. I thought Aladdin would probably be an INFJ, or maybe an ISFP.

The thing is, with typing cartoon characters, I always have some issues when people try to talk about the character's functions. Since the cartoons aren't real people, they naturally aren't going to show the strength of the functions in order. For example, I see a lot more Fe from Jasmine in the movie Aladdin than Ni, but I think that's because that's what makes the story more interesting.

Some characters, you identify their type by saying, well, they're extroverted, rely more on sensing than intuition, more on thinking than feeling and more on perceiving than judging. But are you really going to see use of extroverted sensing, introverted thinking, extroverted feeling and introverted intution in that order? Almost certainly not, because the people making these movies don't know MBTI. But you would probably notice those things with a real person because every ESTP has those functions and uses them in that order.

Does that make sense? I'm sure I'm not the only person who has noticed this phenomenon.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What type is the Beast? I thought Jasmine was an ENFx.

N? no way. She's most likely a TP of some sort.
Ariel and Belle were far more ethereal, Jasmine was very tangible and practical... I'd hate to scrap with her.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
N? no way. She's most likely a TP of some sort.
Ariel and Belle were far more ethereal, Jasmine was very tangible and practical... I'd hate to scrap with her.

Really? Cause I'd love to.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Coz she's often also quite blunt socially, quite focussed on herself and she rules at organizing stuff, is highly, neurotically competitive and craves order. It's the SJ in her that makes her want to be all those things as it's expected by society and she takes pride in being the best.

That to me just indicates strong extraverted judgement, not Te over Fe. ESFJs are awesome at organising every detail, especially when it comes to family events/celebrations etc.

Neuroticism isn't related to MBTI, an ESFJ with a high neuroticism score would probably look just like her. Being neurotic doesn't make you a Te dom.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, I'll go with ENFP for Phoebe...now that you mention it, Amargith, it makes more sense.

I still stand by ISTJ for Monica, though. She doesn't take command of situations involving new people comfortably the way ESTJs do; most of her micromanaging is done within the safe limits of her known social networks (Si dom.)

And Rachel...yeah, the more I watch the more I lean toward ESTP. She just tries to smooth talk everybody into things all the time and is just too fundamentally unaware of when she's bothering people to be ESFP. I don't see it.

As for Ross, he's so hilariously sensitive that I don't see how you can get T at all. I'm sticking with INFJ here. I think "be overly sensitive" is probably specifically written into the character, or at least that's how the actor seems to be playing it. The total opposite relationship he has with Rachel is intended to create a lot of the comedic interaction between them.

I take it nobody has any qualms with Chandler as ENTP and Joey as ESFP?

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Robin from How I Met Your Mother is a great example of a girl ESTP... I can't decide if Rachel and her are similar or not.... But I still think Rachel was an ESFP

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
More on How I Met Your Mother... I think:
Robin - ESTP
Barney - ESTP
Lily - ENFJ
Ted - ENFP
Marshall - ISTJ

... now I need to think of types that we're actually missing :huh:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
More on How I Met Your Mother... I think:
Robin - ESTP
Barney - ESTP
Lily - ENFJ
Ted - ENFP
Marshall - ISTJ

... now I need to think of types that we're actually missing :huh:
ha, I just started watching this show! I would say maybe...

robin estp
barney entp
lily infp or enfp
ted infp?
marshall isfj maybe?

give or take a few letters.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Robin from How I Met Your Mother is a great example of a girl ESTP... I can't decide if Rachel and her are similar or not.... But I still think Rachel was an ESFP

Yeah, Robin is a definite T. I always thought of Rachel as a strong F.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
my thoughts on friends:

Joey - ESFP
Chandler - ENTP
Ross - INTJ and INFJ (Inconsistent writing)
Phoebe - ENFP
Rachel - ESTP
Monica - ESFJ (I don't find her selfish at all, whenever she does something that annoys the others ((taking complete control of phoebe's wedding etc.)) she only does it because she wants it to be the very best it can be. She's the ultimate host basically)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think Bart Simpson is an ESTP, but anyway...

INFP/INTP: Angela & Brian from My So-Called Life
ESTP/ENTP: Indiana Jones & Doctor Who
ISFP/INFP: Sam & Frodo from Lord of the Rings?
ISFP/ISTP: Brennan & Dale from Step Brothers