• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Just got back from Harry Potter

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
****SPOILERS TO FOLLOW****

I thought it was fantastic. It was just beautifully filmed, and perfectly conveyed how very real the dangers in Harry's world have become. I like how the Potter films have action sequences, but the visuals and fires and explosions are all seen through the framework of Harry's mission. It does feel like a world gone awry. For all the wonder and whimsy, the dark side of magic has really been conveyed extremely well in these last two movies, I thought.

I think all the relationship stuff was done well. I wasn't a huge fan of the idea of Ron/Hermione in the books, but I like the way they're setting it up in the movies. It works somehow. Drunk Harry is hysterical, too. I loved the scene with the luck potion and Hagrid and Slughorn.

I was absolutely gutted when Harry was having to make Dumbledore drink the potion, and later after his death. The Harry/Dumbledore relationship was just so sweetly portrayed. *sob*

Usehername

On a mission
I liked how they went for "understated" rather than having a few "go for broke" moments that sometimes fail.

Looking forward to book 7x2movies.