• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Going to bed in 50 minutes...

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Cause that's how long Octahedron, the new The Mars Volta album, is! Anybody else into The Mars Volta? I'll let you know what I think about the album when I finished listening to it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I LOVE the Mars Volta! And I don't meet other fans very often...I only know a couple of other people who like them as much as I do.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Have you heard the new album yet?

-Spoiler alert-

It's not what I expected. While still an amazingly good album as such, it's much easier to listen to and much more relaxed and quiet then any other The Mars Volta album, especially after Bedlam in Goliath, which was quite a chaotic album, even for the Mars Volta standards. This album I could actually listen to as background music. It did pleasantly surprise me a lot of times, but on the other hand it's nowhere near as original as their other albums. Like Omar himself said: "We always said we'd make a pop album, and now we've done it."

Thanks to Matthew_Z for this post. ;)