User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    68

    Default From Soundgarden to Timbaland?

    Chris Cornell. What Happened? :steam: I recently started listening to Soundgarden more and more. They were great. So, I decided to look up what Cornell (lead singer) was doing these days. He's put out an album with Timbaland. The music is nothing compared to his old. Yeah, I know artists change, but this is just alienating all his old fans. Maybe that's what he wanted to do.

    So, does anyone actually like Cornell's new album?

    Have any other of your favorite musicians upset you for changing like this or selling out?
    "Vous au moins, vous ne risquez pas d'être un légume, puisque même un artichaut a du cœur."
    -Amelie Poulain

  2. #2
    meat popsicle r.a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    STFU
    Posts
    496

    Default

    words do not convey the awfulness of the new album. i remember when chris cornells first solo album came out it was actually pretty good. and i was a big soundgarden fan back in the day. then the audioslave shit came out and that was bogus as fuck. this new shit is so uninspired and god awful its a shock the universe hasnt collapsed in on itself.

    WHY?

  3. #3

    Default

    I love Soundgarden. I agree that Cornell's new album is craptacular, but at least I give him credit for trying something radically new. He staked the capital of his goodwill on a long shot, and I can respect that. The fact that it's terrible doesn't erase this. I also think the term "selling out" is thrown around too much. It's supposed to mean doing work you don't believe in because it's going to bring you financial rewards. I think he believed in this, and he's certainly not going to make any money from it.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

  4. #4
    meat popsicle r.a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    STFU
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Annyong View Post
    Have any other of your favorite musicians upset you for changing like this or selling out?
    too many to count. i appreciate the artists who get better with each album they release, not more tiresome.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I also think the term "selling out" is thrown around too much. It's supposed to mean doing work you don't believe in because it's going to bring you financial rewards. I think he believed in this, and he's certainly not going to make any money from it.
    I didn't mean to say Cornell is selling out; I don't think that. I agree the word is used a little too much. The only true sellout I can think of right now is Nelly Furtado.
    "Vous au moins, vous ne risquez pas d'être un légume, puisque même un artichaut a du cœur."
    -Amelie Poulain

  6. #6
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I love Soundgarden. I agree that Cornell's new album is craptacular, but at least I give him credit for trying something radically new. He staked the capital of his goodwill on a long shot, and I can respect that. The fact that it's terrible doesn't erase this. I also think the term "selling out" is thrown around too much. It's supposed to mean doing work you don't believe in because it's going to bring you financial rewards. I think he believed in this, and he's certainly not going to make any money from it.
    well said
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] INFJs how do you control yourself from jumping to conclusions?
    By Desert Flower in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 06:35 PM
  2. Switching From ENTP To INFP?
    By Mondo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-08-2008, 12:25 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Can you move from J to P?
    By Cindyrella in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 10:08 PM
  4. How to Go from Introvert to Extrovert
    By Usehername in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-30-2007, 12:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO