User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    STFU

and i got alot of love for transformers. the first one served its purpose and was enjoyable on that surface level. this new one was always inevitable, although completely unnecessary.

plus i got my reservations with bay/bruckheimer. they get way too much money to put into things, and once michael bay has full reign on a production (speilberg left his executive position for the sequel) it just becomes this hyper-kinetic, biased, viral programming session that just cant be good for you in the grand scheme of things.

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well then just don't watch it, silly. No one's going to hold a gun to your head and make you... are they?
    of course not, Michael Bay uses exploding tigers.

Joe Loves Crappy Movies
    Joe Loves Crappy Movies
    Joe Loves Crappy Movies

Transformers never really proved its worth in the movie because basically it was half romance and I don't care how hot your girl character is romances(and even more such driveling teen romances) are more boring than watching paint dry in a vacuum. The ads for Transformers 2 said "Basically we're doing the same thing" so it's better to ignore them so Michael Bay can self-explode.

MBTI
    ENFP

Saw it twice. It was pretty good. A lot of action and quite enjoyable. The first one was definitely better but well worth the ticket price (x2).
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by iamathousandapples View Post
    of course not, Michael Bay uses exploding tigers.

Joe Loves Crappy Movies
    Joe Loves Crappy Movies
    Joe Loves Crappy Movies

Transformers never really proved its worth in the movie because basically it was half romance and I don't care how hot your girl character is romances(and even more such driveling teen romances) are more boring than watching paint dry in a vacuum. The ads for Transformers 2 said "Basically we're doing the same thing" so it's better to ignore them so Michael Bay can self-explode.
    yeah and the pairing of shia ledouche and megan fox is more ridiculous than transforming robot aliens

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    At least it's not one of those pseudo-intellectual Arronofsky or Lynch films, right, Fluffy?
    Hey, I loved Requiem for a Dream! I haven't seen their other movies though so can't comment on them. :p
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTx

It's a terrible movie. It spaztastically flits between romance, violence, and comedy, often in the same scene. The romance is shallow, the violence all shaky-motion INYOURFACE, the comedy is forced and flat. The plot is contrived and poorly paced full of random deus ex machina to fix every problem. Character development is nil - the main character is the Wesley Crusher of Transformers.

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    It's a terrible movie. It spaztastically flits between romance, violence, and comedy, often in the same scene. The romance is shallow, the violence all shaky-motion INYOURFACE, the comedy is forced and flat. The plot is contrived and poorly paced full of random deus ex machina to fix every problem. Character development is nil - the main character is the Wesley Crusher of Transformers.
    sounds like a michael bay movie to me

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    no im just reacting to how many people are willing to put their senses through such a thing
    Oh noes.

I'm probably going to watch it eventually. Even if it is void of a decent plot or whatever, it looks entertaining.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Hey, if you want to see a good movie without BAYSPLOSIANS, I would recommend "The man from Earth". Awesome movie.

As for Transformers 2. It's an action movie. Some people might not like it. But I find the movie entertaining. And that doesn't mean I don't have taste, it just means I have more taste. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    infp

I quite enjoyed it, sure the love story is really hollow and doesn't work well, but it was an action packed pretty funny ride whilst it lasted.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari