Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    If you want to write beat poetry instead of engage in a discussion then I guess I'm done here. But I can't leave without making plain that "entertainment" isn't pejorative and art can be found anywhere.
    In the end, poetry just seems an awful lot like list making.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    ?
    !

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    !
    . . . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I didn't say that I didn't say it. I said that I didn't say that I said it. I want to make that very clear.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    . . . .
    #%&$!!!

I would just like to say that I have never met anyone that I agree with so strongly on some issues and disagree with equally strongly on other issues as Uberfuhrer. It's quite frustrating.

MBTI
    INTP

Can somebody please interpret me the posts in this page?
    I do not understand a toodle.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I've gone to a number of modern art shows, and much of what I see is junk.

Modern art shows are basically trips back to the stone age blanketed with the illusion of sophistication by having expensive wine and cheese appetizers.

That you can take a piece of clay and mold it into little more than a lump of asymmetrical rubble does not make you a skilled artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I've gone to a number of modern art shows, and much of what I see is junk.

Modern art shows are basically trips back to the stone age blanketed with the illusion of sophistication by having expensive wine and cheese appetizers.

That you can take a piece of clay and mold it into little more than a lump of asymmetrical rubble does not make you a skilled artist.
    I think the popularity of modern art (which I'll call abstract art, it's basically the same thing) can be explained by the fact that you can interpret it yourself and no one can call bullshit on you. People love to be the one to have "figured it out" and to expound on it to impress a date or some friends. Abstract art appeals to our vanity.

A landscape or a bowl of apples, however skillfully executed, just isn't as much fun to deconstruct for this kind of person.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    I think the popularity of modern art (which I'll call abstract art, it's basically the same thing) can be explained by the fact that you can interpret it yourself and no one can call bullshit on you. People love to be the one to have "figured it out" and to expound on it to impress a date or some friends. Abstract art appeals to our vanity.

A landscape or a bowl of apples, however skillfully executed, just isn't as much fun to deconstruct for this kind of person.
    Rot.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post

WTH, so now you have something against cheese too? What are you, an anti-lactate???

Oh Uber, you know Auntie Cze Cze loves you