User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Oh my oh my oh my...there's really so many.

Most of Beck's catalogue - in order, maybe Mutations, Midnite Vultures, The Information, Sea Change, Modern Guilt, Guero, Odelay, Mellow Gold. But it changes all the time outside of the first two.

Ryan Adams - Jacksonville City Nights, Cold Roses, Love is Hell, Gold

Sondre Lerche - Faces Down

Secret Machines - Now Here is Nowhere, Ten Silver Drops

Elliott Smith - pretty much all of it equally

Die ńrzte - Die Bestie in Menschengestalt

The Replacements - Sorry Ma, Forgot to Take Out the Trash

Sonic Youth - Sister

Neko Case - Middle Cyclone
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Some of my favorite albums include

8 Mile
    The Eminem Show
    Abbey Road (Beatles)
    Relapse
    Encore
    Anything Beethoven

I like albums which just have awesome background noise- for instance- "Thunderstorms" and "Whale Noises"
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    SEXY

BUMP

I know it's been a long time, but I recently got hold of a new album that's been dominating my life lately.

Gorillaz - Plastic Beach

This album is more varied and complex then their previous productions. Yet at the same time it is more coherent and holistic than the first two albums. It's hard to describe the album as a specific genre since the songs range from pop, to trip-hop & hip hop, to full blown psychedelica. I think most people, even those who don't usually like this type of music at all, will find something to appreciate in this album. Artists who worked on this album include amongst others Lou Reed, Snoop Dog, Bobby Womack, The Lebanese National Orchestra for Oriental Arabic Music, and off course the Gorillaz's Damon Allbarn who also produced the album. With such an unusual mixture of artists Damon did an amazing job combining the particular styles these artists have with one another and turning it into a proper album.

First assuring you that there is no weak link in any of the songs, to me, with my peculiar taste, the rap song 'White Flag' and the psychedelic song 'Plastic Beach' stand out as particularly amazing.

P.S. When I first listened to this album... I was in a different state of conciousness. This albums took me on a journey to places I could've never imagined before.

[YOUTUBE="dQWT7fNrVqQ"]Gorillaz - White Flag[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE="9qhchE6rEZE"]Gorillaz - Plastic Beach[/YOUTUBE]
    (removed)

MBTI
    SEXY

While we're at it, might as well tell you about another one of my favourite albums:

The Libertines - The Libertines

I'm guessing there are quite a view forum members who know this album already. Nevertheless, I view it as underrated in public opinion, simply because not everybody in the entire world has heard about it at least three times.

To understand this album a little better it's useful to know something about the background of the band, especially the relation between the two frontmen Carl Bar√Ęt and Pete Doherty. Pete, being a heavy heroin and cocaine addict was kicked out of the band by Carl earlier in the bands history. Pete, in revenge burglared Bar√Ęt's apartment but was caught and thrown in prison. Later they reconciled and reunited the band. In that period, Pete was still addicted, they recorded this, second and last, album. This didn't go without problems as Pete would keep on inviting other people and do drugs during the sessions. Rumour has it that there were body guards present all the time to keep the two frontmen from assaulting each other.

Anyway, a lot of songs on this album talk about the love-hate relationship between the two egomaniac musicians, and even the songs that aren't about themselves usually have lyrics that with a negative or cynical ring to them. These lyrics stands in sheer contrast to the cheerful up-tempo melodies. Compared to other Indie music this album has a harder sound than most others, but without losing it's melodic side. This is partly due to the clever use of two guitarists/lead singers, a full and original guitar sound throughout the album. And even though the two frontmen do take up most of the spotlight on and off stage, in their music there still is a balanced mix between all the instruments. In short, this album is album is a masterpiece from a band that shouldn't logically be able to work together this good.

P.S. Whenever I don't know what I want to listen to I always find myself putting on this album. I have no idea why. It certainly isn't as special or spectacular as the other albums I reviewed here, but it just does something to my mind which makes me like this album more then most others in the world.

[YOUTUBE="_HSd4p6sHEg"]The Libertines - Can't Stand Me Now[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="n4SAY2NhE7Y"]The Libertines - What Became Of The Likely Lads[/YOUTUBE]
    (removed)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Some of my favorites

Twoism - Boards of Canada

This album has a slow, melancholic mood. Warm, analog, forest, robot, childhood, summer, playground, these are some of the things I think when I listen to this album.

Wild Honey - The Beach Boys

This is called The Beach Boy's "soul" album. In contrast to the overproduced sounds of Pet Sounds, this album has a quirky homemade, stripped down sound, with boogey woogie piano, guitar, organ, horns, and bass. All the critics praise Pet Sounds as one of the greatest albums of all time, but in my opinion Wild Honey is tied with Sunflowers as being my favorite Beach Boys album.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

The Beatles and Pink Floyd are my top favorite bands, so more than half my collection consists of their albums. I've got all the Beatles' albums, I don't have all of the Floyd's albums, but I have enough to the point where I consider myself a fanatic. Anyway, if it's by the Beatles or Pink Floyd, then it is on my list of favorite albums.

The Doors- Morrison Hotel

Pearl Jam- Ten

The Who- Tommy

Aerosmith- Toys in The Attic and Permanent Vacation

Syd Barrett- The Madcap Laughs, Opel and Magnesium Proverbs

Greatest Hits Compilations I've been listening to a lot as well:
    The Doors
    Aerosmith
    Journey
    The Who
    Syd Barrett

My favorite, still, and the consummate INFP album:

allmusic ((( John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band > Review )))

MBTI
    INTJ

wails from the crypt.

In the Court of the Crimson King- King Crimson

In The Wake of Poseidon- King Crimson

Lizard- King Crimson

Black Sabbath - Master of Reality

Penis Envy- Crass

Virtual XI - Iron Maiden

The X Factor- Iron Maiden

Lateralus - Tool

there are probably more to this list just can't think of any that truly stand-out.