User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Heroes vs. Lost

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Heroes vs. Lost

Aight, me and some friends got ourselves involved in this MASSIVE argument about which show is better, Lost or Heroes. Me and this other guy are staunch Lost fanatics, and the other two are in love with Heroes, which pesonally I despise. OK, opinion time. State which show you like better and why plsssssssssssssss. lol. And I'm not gonna do a poll, because.... no.

Phantonym

Why should I care about comparison? I'm going to be politically correct and state that I love to watch both shows.

And, if I might add, not because of the island or their abilities. Mmmmm...Matthew...Milo...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Why should I care about comparison? I'm going to be politically correct and state that I love to watch both shows.

And, if I might add, not because of the island or their abilities. Mmmmm...Matthew...Milo...
    yeah but heroes sucks

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    yeah but heroes sucks
    That's only your opinion. There are also people who don't care for either of the shows.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    yeah but heroes sucks
    What a great argument you have there!

MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

Lost. I find it easier to follow, which is kind of funny I know. I like the character development and the plot development more. Heroes is interesting, but it wears me out. It's so intense I have to take breaks every now and then. I still haven't caught up after taking my last break.
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

"I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I hate both of them equally.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I think the characters in Lost are better developed and more three-dimensional, as well as being more likable. I used to watch both shows, but I stopped watching Heroes because I didn't feel like there was a reason to, whereas when I watch Lost I feel like I care enough about the characters to want to know what happens to them.

Also, Lost is more creative. While Heroes is just a new take on an old genre (not that that's a bad thing), Lost is like nothing that's ever been on television. It has similarities to some shows - Twin Peaks, the X-Files, Alias, etc - but not as many similarities as Heroes has to many Marvel comics. (I mean, that whole power-injection thing was just a rip-off/reversal combo of the "mutant cure" plotline from X-Men.)

But that's just me.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Well, I liked both series in the beginning, but around 3rd season both series had gotten so messy that it got uninteresting. There were like a million open plot lines, half of which had been forgotten by the writers, and the the rest were probably going to be forgotten just as well. I felt like there was 25 writers, each writing their own masterpiece, and in the end the producer would choose one plot line to follow for each episode at random.

And especially in Lost I felt that the mysteries never had any answers. As if writers had be too lazy/stupid/ignorant to come up with anything, so they just decided to leave the questions unanswered.

But of course, I enjoy epic drama and variety of different characters conflicting throughout the story, so this is why I liked them in the beginning. Nice ideas they had, but that just wasn't enough to carry these two through the finish line.

But it may be that as I have already seen The Best Series On Earth (B5!), I may look down upon everything else.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Didn't make it past one season of Heroes. Didn't make it past one episode of Lost.

Guess that means I dislike Heroes less.

Therefore this clearly makes the OP wrong.

Glad to help.