• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TV series True Blood

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, the Vampire rights stuff has always been semi-analogous to gay rights (the "GOD HATES FANGS" thing in the opening sequence makes that blatantly clear) and the church in season 2 was pretty clearly a kind of Westboro Baptist Church thing, and the thing about vampire acceptance and PR was pretty major in the last two seasons.

I guess it just doesn't seem that much more pronounced to me personally. Not that it matters, because as I noted earlier the show is playing on my last nerve either way.

I watched the first series... i wasn't enamoured enough to hunt out the second....

I agree with you about the vampire/gay analogy. A lot of the political side of True blood resonates with me as similar to the gay rights battle.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like the show to an extent. It's a bit soap operaish (like [MENTION=6643]Fluffywolf[/MENTION] said), and I kind of feel that my enjoyment is a bit of a dirty little secret. Like gorging on junk food.
Some of it annoys the hell outa me though. Tara can be annoying. In a, "really? *sigh*" sort of way. Sookie, Bill. Yea I get pretty irritated with them. I hate how he says her name. Sookie. And what sort of name is that anyway?
Normally, once an episode, I have take a small break to rant about it. My INTP is very long suffering.

But I still like it. Even though it makes me want to throw things.

marialohan13

Permabanned
I am a big fan of this tv show. I have watched season one with full episodes. This is awesome tv show according to me.My whole family love this show. My young brother is totally crazy about this tv show.

F

figsfiggyfigs

FINALLY it is starting to get interesting again; especially the new development with bill. I really disliked the " I"M COMING FOR YOU" scene with sooki. Very lame. I wish the fairies would disappear already, why do they have to make everything so cheesy when they're in the picture?

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I got into that show from around Mar. to July of 2009. I was living in a motel then that had HBO. I haven't watched any episodes since that year. Stephen Moyer can cover up his English accent well.

R

Riva

Russell Edgington is probably THE ENFP villain on TV these days.

I could be wrong about his typing though. It's just a feeling. Hard to pin an MBTI type on him because he is batshit crazy.

A

Anew Leaf

Fuckin' love me some Russell Edgington.

I agree! He's about the only good thing in the series this season... The plots are so boring otherwise... >_<

I hope they keep him around for another season.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sookie drives me freakin nuts!! Why is the whole show revolved around her!?
Pam is so badass tho...Love her

Ferries aren't seeming very powerful at all tho if the oldest one just got drained so easily shit.

R

Riva

Sookie drives me freakin nuts!! Why is the whole show revolved around her!?
Pam is so badass tho...Love her

Sookie is the best type of protagonist for a series such as this. When the whole world around her is changing, when everyone around her is taking sides, when every influential to common man one encounters wants to rule the world, Sookie simply wants to survive and protect her loved ones around her. She has no agenda, she has no idealistic goals, she just wants to survive. In a world such as a True Blood reality I would imagine she is the one whom we could relate to the most.

She is infact a rare ESFJ character that Hollywood never seem to enjoy making. I really like her. But her scenes with with Bill and Eric are so fucking annoying. Bill try to vomit his ancient heart out which has repressed love for so long and that stupid Eric tries to seduce everyone around him which is rather disgusting!

A

Anew Leaf

True Blood Finale Chit-Chat!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
first of all! no riva just no. she makes my skin crawl!!

secondly!! omg!!that last scene!! and...how lame was the ferries scene??

edit: oh just read your spolier! and yeah some of the story lines are super lame this season.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just tuned in after a 2 year hiatus and I was like wtf?? It really sucks now. Especially the souther baptist vampire politicians and cult shit. Really bad acting and story arcs/writing

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just tuned in after a 2 year hiatus and I was like wtf?? It really sucks now. Especially the souther baptist vampire politicians and cult shit. Really bad acting and story arcs/writing

Yeah... I have to sadly concur, and I haven't even seen any of Season 5. (I've only ever watched the show once everything's on dvd...)

I actually just finished season 4, and the final episode was rather painful to watch and I don't even think I have much interest in buying season 5 when it comes out. It's just suddenly gone way downhill. I thought seasons 1 and 2 were very good, I was kind of 'meh' about season 3 but it was still entertaining, and even season 4 was ok/entertaining, but I don't know what the hell happened in the final couple of episodes especially (storylines)... it's almost embarrassing to watch. Boo!

F

figsfiggyfigs

Permabanned

F

figsfiggyfigs

Yeah... I have to sadly concur, and I haven't even seen any of Season 5. (I've only ever watched the show once everything's on dvd...)

I actually just finished season 4, and the final episode was rather painful to watch and I don't even think I have much interest in buying season 5 when it comes out. It's just suddenly gone way downhill. I thought seasons 1 and 2 were very good, I was kind of 'meh' about season 3 but it was still entertaining, and even season 4 was ok/entertaining, but I don't know what the hell happened in the final couple of episodes especially (storylines)... it's almost embarrassing to watch. Boo!

Season one and two stuck much closer to the original story in the books; after that, there was a huge u-turn. I assume the divergence was to milk the sookie stackhouse series for as many supernatural related seasons as possible.