• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TV series True Blood

F

figsfiggyfigs

Why the hell are you missing it?!
I also refuse to watch a preview to keep the element of surprise. :laugh:

I'll be travelling around for 3 months! :cry:

I WANT TO WATCH IT SO BAD!!

I HAD to watch the preview. I firmly believe in what you said. but I figured, I wont be there, might as well see it : P

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'll be travelling around for 3 months! :cry:

I WANT TO WATCH IT SO BAD!!

I HAD to watch the preview. I firmly believe in what you said. but I figured, I wont be there, might as well see it : P

:hug: No laptop or anything? Whilst "Yay travel!" still.. True Blood :ohmy:
I mean, at least if you can't watch it every week then you can marathon it all at once when you're able.

mbk3boeheim

All four seasons of this show are great now I am waiting for season 5 which will be premiered in summer 2012........

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
True Blood Season 5 Trailer Out

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s-L2q4sWdk"]Season 5[/YOUTUBE]

True Blood is back in June, ladies and gentlemen. Let the wild speculation begin!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I wish they had more episodes and would split it up like The Walking Dead did. TB season's fly by and waiting a full year sucks!! On the bright side, after TB, there will only be 4 more months until AHS starts! :D

F

figsfiggyfigs

The premier was not good. The second episode did slightly better. Is it me, or does it seem too fluffy recently and very slow?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, after the first season with that serial killer, the show has been on a bit of a downgoing trend to me. It's too much wtf to really take seriously.

I suppose that still makes it entertaining, but I can't really get myself to 'obsess' on the show anymore.

herbpixie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm digging this season so far. It's more promising than the emo of last season. It's certainly not high art, but it's fun.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hmm, after the first season with that serial killer, the show has been on a bit of a downgoing trend to me. It's too much wtf to really take seriously.

I suppose that still makes it entertaining, but I can't really get myself to 'obsess' on the show anymore.

I feel the same way. It's full of plots that go nowhere or patently don't work (I'm looking at you, literally anything from Tara and pretty much all of last season), or tossing a million plot twists that go nowhere and have no point except a half a second of thrill. Not that the thrill works, because this show has solidly established no one of any importance is gonna die ever anyways (even though half the characters have been relegated to useless side plots for ages and barely even have contact with the main cast, and so basically serve zero purpose). Then, mixed in with all these patently absurd and insane plots is a kind of static romantic dithering that doesn't feel compelling because the characters and their conflicts never really change or evolve, and after a point it's all just character X hooks up with character Y and then people are upset about it for a while. It really compounds how out of hand the show is to think that, from the main character's perspective, she's know most of the other main characters for around one month (and, in that course of time, has fallen in and out of love with at least two of them).

The show does have a whole lot of eye-candy, I suppose, and maybe two or three characters I still enjoy, but that's really about all.

It takes quite a lot for me to ditch a show (more than it should if I'm being honest), but this show is probably gonna join Heroes on my wall of "I just can't do it anymore" fame.

R

Riva

I love the series. So many characters. So many stories. It's almost the unrealistic version of the Wire.

I like but am annoyed by the character Eric Northman. He doesn't have any personality. Only the looks and that stupid stare. Imagine someone less attractive staring at a female in that way. Lolz!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel the same way. It's full of plots that go nowhere or patently don't work (I'm looking at you, literally anything from Tara and pretty much all of last season), or tossing a million plot twists that go nowhere and have no point except a half a second of thrill. Not that the thrill works, because this show has solidly established no one of any importance is gonna die ever anyways (even though half the characters have been relegated to useless side plots for ages and barely even have contact with the main cast, and so basically serve zero purpose). Then, mixed in with all these patently absurd and insane plots is a kind of static romantic dithering that doesn't feel compelling because the characters and their conflicts never really change or evolve, and after a point it's all just character X hooks up with character Y and then people are upset about it for a while. It really compounds how out of hand the show is to think that, from the main character's perspective, she's know most of the other main characters for around one month (and, in that course of time, has fallen in and out of love with at least two of them).

The show does have a whole lot of eye-candy, I suppose, and maybe two or three characters I still enjoy, but that's really about all.

It takes quite a lot for me to ditch a show (more than it should if I'm being honest), but this show is probably gonna join Heroes on my wall of "I just can't do it anymore" fame.

Yeah, instead of establishing a world and have the characters evolve in it. They keep evolving the world and force the characters to try and keep up. It works for a short while, but after that it just gets annoying for me.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
So far, I'm really not liking Season 5. :/

Also, Eric doesn't need personality, because he's got a HOT ASS! :wubbie:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I found myself skipping over scenes whenever Tara's side of the story came into play. Why couldn't that bitch just stay down. :alttongue:

On the bright side, I've just found a new series I'm definately going to enjoy. Continuum looks promising!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I love Tara as a vamp!! I thought the scene where we previewed what she was experiencing her new powers was really cool! Love Pam too!

In other news, wonder how Sookie's gonna get out of killing Debbie?

F

figsfiggyfigs

I found myself skipping over scenes whenever Tara's side of the story came into play. Why couldn't that bitch just stay down. :alttongue:

On the bright side, I've just found a new series I'm definately going to enjoy. Continuum looks promising!

Amen.

I really dislike the whole religious and political aspect they're bringing into it. It's over taking the show.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Amen.

I really dislike the whole religious and political aspect they're bringing into it. It's over taking the show.

That stuff has been around in some form or another since the beginning.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Not really noticeably. Maybe the political aspect. But it has never really been a major plot of the series.

Well, the Vampire rights stuff has always been semi-analogous to gay rights (the "GOD HATES FANGS" thing in the opening sequence makes that blatantly clear) and the church in season 2 was pretty clearly a kind of Westboro Baptist Church thing, and the thing about vampire acceptance and PR was pretty major in the last two seasons.

I guess it just doesn't seem that much more pronounced to me personally. Not that it matters, because as I noted earlier the show is playing on my last nerve either way.