Socionics
    INFP

Default TES

Does anyone here play Oblivion?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

All the time. I go on TESNexus, download a bunch of random mods, and start playing through again. I'm working my way through Mida's Magic Spells and Supreme Magicka right now; both are amazing additions to the game. I'm also playing as a Mermaid.. Mods make TES games last soooo freaking long.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    SEXY

Completely finished the game and all of the factions as well. Shivering Isles is an awesome expansion.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I got questlocked there due to red ring of death. I can't complete knifepoint hollow.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I liked it, hated the enemy scaling though, luckily fixed through mods.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I have the console version. The teen levels were hellish. I almost went to playing on easy.

Good graphics and game mechanics. However, I enjoyed Morrowind more, maybe I wasn't so used to RPGs of such a scale in that time, so it was all new and so many possibilities so I played hours and hours. Then, when I tried Oblivion, I got bored rather quickly; the world seemed to me too small, nothing innovative, I would just feel like I'm stuck in the rut.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    Good graphics and game mechanics. However, I enjoyed Morrowind more, maybe I wasn't so used to RPGs of such a scale in that time, so it was all new and so many possibilities so I played hours and hours. Then, when I tried Oblivion, I got bored rather quickly; the world seemed to me too small, nothing innovative, I would just feel like I'm stuck in the rut.
    See, I felt almost exactly the opposite. I felt like Morrowind was too big and imposing. I'd just get lost and run around in circles wondering what I should try to do next, and a lot more emphasis was placed on grinding up your stat levels as opposed to player skill (compare lockpicking from Morrowind to lockpicking from Oblivion, for instance.) Oblivion holds your hand a little more, and I know that makes it more casual, but I'm a pretty casual gamer, so I appreciated that fact.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    Does anyone here play Oblivion?
    Delightful game. I practically live at TESNexus, too. There are so many mods for so many things, I think by this point my game is no longer really Oblivion but something else that just looks like Oblivion.

Gotta love those realism mods, that's for sure! (Though, I drew the line at making characters vomit and pee...am still looking for a proper disease/sickness mod. Can't seem to find one that pleases me.)
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

I can only run Morrowind properly on my old crock of beloved computer; it's actually one of the few games that holds my attention enough for me to play very often. (Actually, this thread reminds me that I haven't for ages!) I made it rather cumbersome though by adding too many mods, taking some off, cleaning up the saved games, forgetting which one I did what too, blech. I'm sure a lot of people have done this, but now I have to decide which saved game I want to play before I start, and open various things up and fiddle around to be reasonably sure it's actually going to start.

It's a good game though: I like the unique graphics and style, I did like the sound before I got sick of the repetition after a while and replaced most of the music and some sound files with various homebrewed concoctions , the dialogue and storylines are very atmospheric if you could get past the obviously generic repetitions and certain slightly unrealistic features... I also happen to like the free-roaming design that lets you go where you want, roleplay away endlessly and completely ignore the main quest if you like (which is generally what I did, just to spite the stupid designers for tacking it on as a clumsy afterthought to all the actually good bits). I don't really like a game that has very linear missions and tells you what to do every step of the way because it breaks immersiveness, and limits your imaginative possibilities to what the designers happened to think of, which is often something exceedingly stupid...

But the best thing about it is of course the mods: people were still making them last time I checked, and I've done a few for my own use, though not complicated ones as I really can't be asked. This must be one of the most mod-able and modifed games in history. Someone, somewhere, has thought of just about every possible feature you could want in the game, and a whole load more you probably never thought of in your wildest dreams, and so it's almost impossible to run out of playing time or new things to do, providing you don't simply get sick of the game itself. Which is probably good for you when you have other things to do in your life Hmmm, it's months since I played it actually...
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...