• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TES

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
All the time. I go on TESNexus, download a bunch of random mods, and start playing through again. I'm working my way through Mida's Magic Spells and Supreme Magicka right now; both are amazing additions to the game. I'm also playing as a Mermaid.. :D Mods make TES games last soooo freaking long.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Completely finished the game and all of the factions as well. Shivering Isles is an awesome expansion.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I got questlocked there due to red ring of death. I can't complete knifepoint hollow.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I have the console version. The teen levels were hellish. I almost went to playing on easy.

Gauche

Good graphics and game mechanics. However, I enjoyed Morrowind more, maybe I wasn't so used to RPGs of such a scale in that time, so it was all new and so many possibilities so I played hours and hours. Then, when I tried Oblivion, I got bored rather quickly; the world seemed to me too small, nothing innovative, I would just feel like I'm stuck in the rut.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Good graphics and game mechanics. However, I enjoyed Morrowind more, maybe I wasn't so used to RPGs of such a scale in that time, so it was all new and so many possibilities so I played hours and hours. Then, when I tried Oblivion, I got bored rather quickly; the world seemed to me too small, nothing innovative, I would just feel like I'm stuck in the rut.

See, I felt almost exactly the opposite. I felt like Morrowind was too big and imposing. I'd just get lost and run around in circles wondering what I should try to do next, and a lot more emphasis was placed on grinding up your stat levels as opposed to player skill (compare lockpicking from Morrowind to lockpicking from Oblivion, for instance.) Oblivion holds your hand a little more, and I know that makes it more casual, but I'm a pretty casual gamer, so I appreciated that fact.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Does anyone here play Oblivion?

Delightful game. I practically live at TESNexus, too. There are so many mods for so many things, I think by this point my game is no longer really Oblivion but something else that just looks like Oblivion.

Gotta love those realism mods, that's for sure! (Though, I drew the line at making characters vomit and pee...am still looking for a proper disease/sickness mod. Can't seem to find one that pleases me.)

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
I can only run Morrowind properly on my old crock of beloved computer; it's actually one of the few games that holds my attention enough for me to play very often. (Actually, this thread reminds me that I haven't for ages!) I made it rather cumbersome though by adding too many mods, taking some off, cleaning up the saved games, forgetting which one I did what too, blech. I'm sure a lot of people have done this, but now I have to decide which saved game I want to play before I start, and open various things up and fiddle around to be reasonably sure it's actually going to start.

It's a good game though: I like the unique graphics and style, I did like the sound before I got sick of the repetition after a while and replaced most of the music and some sound files with various homebrewed concoctions ;), the dialogue and storylines are very atmospheric if you could get past the obviously generic repetitions and certain slightly unrealistic features... I also happen to like the free-roaming design that lets you go where you want, roleplay away endlessly and completely ignore the main quest if you like (which is generally what I did, just to spite the stupid designers for tacking it on as a clumsy afterthought to all the actually good bits). I don't really like a game that has very linear missions and tells you what to do every step of the way because it breaks immersiveness, and limits your imaginative possibilities to what the designers happened to think of, which is often something exceedingly stupid...

But the best thing about it is of course the mods: people were still making them last time I checked, and I've done a few for my own use, though not complicated ones as I really can't be asked. This must be one of the most mod-able and modifed games in history. Someone, somewhere, has thought of just about every possible feature you could want in the game, and a whole load more you probably never thought of in your wildest dreams, and so it's almost impossible to run out of playing time or new things to do, providing you don't simply get sick of the game itself. Which is probably good for you when you have other things to do in your life :whistling: Hmmm, it's months since I played it actually...

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've yet to actually finish Oblivion, but a couple times a year I'll restart playing and do so for about 1-3 weeks of casual play and the next time I feel like playing I'll re-start with a new cahracter again. I see it as a good overall package that does everything a CRPG should do fairly well but there are enough games that overshadow it in specific areas that I see it as an example of unrealized potential.

I felt morrowind was a much more immersive gameplay experience and that one held my attention from start to finish. The thing about morrowind that I realy thought was well done was the storylines and quests for the various factions and guilds. In oblivion, the thieves and fighters quests were just meh kinda boring to me, but I did like the mage guild questline and the dark brotherhood was reasonably good, but I was very disapointed in its ending. The overall darker atmosphere of the game was preferable to me as well, but thats more of a personal preference than anything else.

What I'd reallllly like to see tho is a remake of Daggerfall wilth modern graphics and a lot less bugs. The behind the scenes faction stuff was amazing in theory, but with how buggy the game was, I don't know how much of it actually worked as intended. Of all the TES games I've played it really felt the most like one where you could do whatever you want, but the actual plot part of it was too hard to get into because of all the bugs so I can't really compare it to Oblivion and Morrowind.

I never played Arena or Battlespire, so I don't know what I missed with those...

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Taking this thread in a different direction.. wonder which province(s) that TES:V will take us into? The Imperial Province of the Capital Wasteland? :D I'm thinking that the most likely place is the High Elf homeland: the Summerset Isles. That'd provide a different sort of area, though I've also heard that Skyrim (Nords) is another likely place. What one do you guys want?

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I played Morrowind and I play Oblivion. Best rpg games hands down.
For the next TES I'd really like to see Summerset Isles or Valenwood. It would be cool if they actually did more than one province.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I was just thinking about how the races and classes would correspond to MBTI types. Any thoughts? Personally, if I lived in Tamriel, I think I would be a Nightblade, Witchhunter, or Monk. I wonder if other ISTJs are similar.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Taking this thread in a different direction.. wonder which province(s) that TES:V will take us into? The Imperial Province of the Capital Wasteland? :D I'm thinking that the most likely place is the High Elf homeland: the Summerset Isles. That'd provide a different sort of area, though I've also heard that Skyrim (Nords) is another likely place. What one do you guys want?

In my little dreamland, they would do all of Tamriel. But that's not likely to happen. Skyrim sounds fun, and if they haven't done Elsewyr, I'd like to see that, too. As long as the "overworld" is really, really huge and the landscape is varying. I noticed that with Oblivion, the landscape looks similar all over and there aren't many really interesting pockets of natural landmarks (unless you download mods for them) or little fun things to find (like there's an abandoned cabin in the middle of the forest south of Chorrol). So, with TES: V, I would hope they would create a very interesting, but realistic, landscape with lots of fun things to find. Like abandoned cabins, villages that have nothing to do with quests, or quests that allow for the building of villages (like Cropsford), more variety of "realistic" wildlife, farm animals and farms...

Then again, I'm big on exploring the enviroment and most of the fun for me is through the challenge of trying to carve out a life for myself in the game world without doing any of the main quest lines.

As for Take Five's question:

I've liked the Khajiit for some reason. Maybe because they're an underdog race and are not human-looking. Hmm, and partly because I saw that they were agile and I like playing thief classes. But if I really lived in Tamriel, I'd probably be a Scout or a Hunter. Something that does a lot of hiding and observation and trekking through the wilderness. I'd be like the Aragorn of Tamriel with all that knowledge of backroads and paths and tendencies of wildlife.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Morrowind was a sick game, I liked how you could just do whatever you want, even if there a consequences attached. It was great running around stealing shit and killing people, rather like Grand Theft Auto... from the very start you could just about do whatever you want and it's additively great. I played Oblivion for 5 minutes and was bored with it, I think they just imposed to many limits or something, I'm not sure...