User Tag List

First 12

Thread: TES

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I've yet to actually finish Oblivion, but a couple times a year I'll restart playing and do so for about 1-3 weeks of casual play and the next time I feel like playing I'll re-start with a new cahracter again. I see it as a good overall package that does everything a CRPG should do fairly well but there are enough games that overshadow it in specific areas that I see it as an example of unrealized potential.

I felt morrowind was a much more immersive gameplay experience and that one held my attention from start to finish. The thing about morrowind that I realy thought was well done was the storylines and quests for the various factions and guilds. In oblivion, the thieves and fighters quests were just meh kinda boring to me, but I did like the mage guild questline and the dark brotherhood was reasonably good, but I was very disapointed in its ending. The overall darker atmosphere of the game was preferable to me as well, but thats more of a personal preference than anything else.

What I'd reallllly like to see tho is a remake of Daggerfall wilth modern graphics and a lot less bugs. The behind the scenes faction stuff was amazing in theory, but with how buggy the game was, I don't know how much of it actually worked as intended. Of all the TES games I've played it really felt the most like one where you could do whatever you want, but the actual plot part of it was too hard to get into because of all the bugs so I can't really compare it to Oblivion and Morrowind.

I never played Arena or Battlespire, so I don't know what I missed with those...
    (keys2cognition) Fi (47.6), Ne (36.8), Fe (36.8), Si (31.6), Ti (29.7), Ni (27.4), Te (17.2) Se (12.5) - subject to change - last updated 11JAN2012
    * Making consicious effort to improve my Fe...
    My Johari window
    My Nohari window

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Taking this thread in a different direction.. wonder which province(s) that TES:V will take us into? The Imperial Province of the Capital Wasteland? I'm thinking that the most likely place is the High Elf homeland: the Summerset Isles. That'd provide a different sort of area, though I've also heard that Skyrim (Nords) is another likely place. What one do you guys want?
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I played Morrowind and I play Oblivion. Best rpg games hands down.
    For the next TES I'd really like to see Summerset Isles or Valenwood. It would be cool if they actually did more than one province.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I was just thinking about how the races and classes would correspond to MBTI types. Any thoughts? Personally, if I lived in Tamriel, I think I would be a Nightblade, Witchhunter, or Monk. I wonder if other ISTJs are similar.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    IxtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I only closed the first gate and stopped playing for some reason.
    Under Construction

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Taking this thread in a different direction.. wonder which province(s) that TES:V will take us into? The Imperial Province of the Capital Wasteland? I'm thinking that the most likely place is the High Elf homeland: the Summerset Isles. That'd provide a different sort of area, though I've also heard that Skyrim (Nords) is another likely place. What one do you guys want?
    In my little dreamland, they would do all of Tamriel. But that's not likely to happen. Skyrim sounds fun, and if they haven't done Elsewyr, I'd like to see that, too. As long as the "overworld" is really, really huge and the landscape is varying. I noticed that with Oblivion, the landscape looks similar all over and there aren't many really interesting pockets of natural landmarks (unless you download mods for them) or little fun things to find (like there's an abandoned cabin in the middle of the forest south of Chorrol). So, with TES: V, I would hope they would create a very interesting, but realistic, landscape with lots of fun things to find. Like abandoned cabins, villages that have nothing to do with quests, or quests that allow for the building of villages (like Cropsford), more variety of "realistic" wildlife, farm animals and farms...

Then again, I'm big on exploring the enviroment and most of the fun for me is through the challenge of trying to carve out a life for myself in the game world without doing any of the main quest lines.

As for Take Five's question:

I've liked the Khajiit for some reason. Maybe because they're an underdog race and are not human-looking. Hmm, and partly because I saw that they were agile and I like playing thief classes. But if I really lived in Tamriel, I'd probably be a Scout or a Hunter. Something that does a lot of hiding and observation and trekking through the wilderness. I'd be like the Aragorn of Tamriel with all that knowledge of backroads and paths and tendencies of wildlife.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Morrowind was a sick game, I liked how you could just do whatever you want, even if there a consequences attached. It was great running around stealing shit and killing people, rather like Grand Theft Auto... from the very start you could just about do whatever you want and it's additively great. I played Oblivion for 5 minutes and was bored with it, I think they just imposed to many limits or something, I'm not sure...
    5 3 9