User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Default "What the bleep do we know?"

Have you guys heard of this book/movie? Or seen it? It's been a while now but it crossed my mind a short while ago that they pretty much tell you the secret to aging, and knowing this helps counter aging itself, it's the fountain of youth basically. I'm not going to give the details actually I'm hoping this will cause some curiosity and you might look it up yourself if you havn't heard of it yet. Or maybe I'll wait for some responses and talk about it more later.

But yea it's called "What the Bleep do we know?!?"

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I saw a documentary by that title. It was an interesting exploration of perception. Some of it was compelling, while other aspects seemed questionable. Is this related to what you are talking about?

[youtube=j-azcMJ5JS4]What the Bleep Do We Know[/youtube]
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

It's been a while since I've seen it. I found it to be interesting while being skeptical of parts because it is kinda "fluffy". Although there are several films out there that are interesting even though they have iffy/fluffy parts (e.g. Waking Life). Overall it's a film I'd recommend to people if they enjoy thinking about speculative stuff.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ

That sounds pretty interesting. The title reminded me of one of my professor's favorite sayings from Montaigne-- "What do I know?"-- or as he liked to say it, "What the hell do I know?"

MBTI
    INTP

Sorry to rain on the parade, but it's total quackery.

[YOUTUBE="rlPiXNlhKFo"]Debunked[/YOUTUBE]

Wiki link: What the Bleep Do We Know!?

The above should give everyone a good starting point for further research if desired.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by RinconSB View Post

[YOUTUBE="rlPiXNlhKFo"]Debunked[/YOUTUBE]

Wiki link: What the Bleep Do We Know!?

The above should give everyone a good starting point for further research if desired.
    I haven't watched the debunk video yet (I will after this), but the whole sad snowflake experiment is utter bullshit.

MBTI
    intj

Eugh. I have so much hate for that movie without ever watching it.

My ENFP sister is obsessed with it. Although it's amusing how frantically she's trying to reverse her aging. All that strain seems to make it worse.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by RinconSB View Post
    Maybe if we all believe it hard enough, it will become true?

It's been a few years since I watched it. I remembered some comments about perception that I hadn't thought of before and found interesting, but forgot about the premise of the film that says the mind can alter reality. I don't buy into that. The perception part was about how people don't see what they don't expect to see. There are parts of that which seem to hold true, but it's a rather tangential aspect of the film.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

it's not that I'm trying to reverse or stop aging. It's more of a good explanation of why I'm aging so slowly. I often wondered why I look so young for my age, but I never thought it would be linked to my open mindedness.

And yea some parts might seem like quackery, but for the most part, I think it's rather accurate.

BTW The anonymous guy said Masaru Emoto's water crystal experiment is BS, however this is one topic in what the bleep that I'm certain is true.
    I don't like how people call out bs but don't explain how it's bs... (intps thats you)
    I've actually done the masaru emoto experiment on rice with amazing results. It takes a bit of patience and commitment because it takes about a month to see a big contrast. When I started the experiment I was skeptical, when I was done with the experiment I was shocked really.

But here you go, this was the results of my experiment.
    YouTube - Rice Hado Experiment Masaru Emoto

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Maybe if we all believe it hard enough, it will become true?

It's been a few years since I watched it. I remembered some comments about perception that I hadn't thought of before and found interesting, but forgot about the premise of the film that says the mind can alter reality. I don't buy into that. The perception part was about how people don't see what they don't expect to see. There are parts of that which seem to hold true, but it's a rather tangential aspect of the film.
    You are probably right, but knowing what I know about MBTI, I highly doubt (at least in short terms) "we will ALL believe it". I think thats the main problem, we are not cooperating, many people (I suspect S types) are simply afraid of change, seems like even if it's for the better, they just resist what doesn't fit their own selfish molds, INTJs are best at changing their internal values to fit what seems true in reality, so I think I'm a step ahead of the rest.

It's quite mind boggling, if it is true that our collective consciousness creates reality. Our reality as of now is of the mix and matching of our society's divided consciousness, and it seems a bit chaotic, famine, world economic crisis, and wars are the manifestations of our minds, are these things what lies in the subconscious minds of the masses? It's sad really, we desperately need peace, love and understanding right now (didn't expect that from an intj? well I've gone through many changes). I actually have faith in our future though, intuition levels are rising in children, children are the future, and intuitives are future oriented.