• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"What the bleep do we know?"

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Have you guys heard of this book/movie? Or seen it? It's been a while now but it crossed my mind a short while ago that they pretty much tell you the secret to aging, and knowing this helps counter aging itself, it's the fountain of youth basically. I'm not going to give the details actually I'm hoping this will cause some curiosity and you might look it up yourself if you havn't heard of it yet. Or maybe I'll wait for some responses and talk about it more later.

But yea it's called "What the Bleep do we know?!?" :shock:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw a documentary by that title. It was an interesting exploration of perception. Some of it was compelling, while other aspects seemed questionable. Is this related to what you are talking about?

[youtube=j-azcMJ5JS4]What the Bleep Do We Know[/youtube]

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
It's been a while since I've seen it. I found it to be interesting while being skeptical of parts because it is kinda "fluffy". Although there are several films out there that are interesting even though they have iffy/fluffy parts (e.g. Waking Life). Overall it's a film I'd recommend to people if they enjoy thinking about speculative stuff.

Seraph

MBTI Type
INTJ
That sounds pretty interesting. The title reminded me of one of my professor's favorite sayings from Montaigne-- "What do I know?"-- or as he liked to say it, "What the hell do I know?"

RinconSB

MBTI Type
INTP
Sorry to rain on the parade, but it's total quackery.

[YOUTUBE="rlPiXNlhKFo"]Debunked[/YOUTUBE]

Wiki link: What the Bleep Do We Know!?

The above should give everyone a good starting point for further research if desired.

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6

Wiki link: What the Bleep Do We Know!?

The above should give everyone a good starting point for further research if desired.

:yes: I haven't watched the debunk video yet (I will after this), but the whole sad snowflake experiment is utter bullshit.

ghoti

MBTI Type
intj
Eugh. I have so much hate for that movie without ever watching it.

My ENFP sister is obsessed with it. Although it's amusing how frantically she's trying to reverse her aging. All that strain seems to make it worse. :(

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe if we all believe it hard enough, it will become true?

It's been a few years since I watched it. I remembered some comments about perception that I hadn't thought of before and found interesting, but forgot about the premise of the film that says the mind can alter reality. I don't buy into that. The perception part was about how people don't see what they don't expect to see. There are parts of that which seem to hold true, but it's a rather tangential aspect of the film.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
it's not that I'm trying to reverse or stop aging. It's more of a good explanation of why I'm aging so slowly. I often wondered why I look so young for my age, but I never thought it would be linked to my open mindedness.

And yea some parts might seem like quackery, but for the most part, I think it's rather accurate.

BTW The anonymous guy said Masaru Emoto's water crystal experiment is BS, however this is one topic in what the bleep that I'm certain is true.
I don't like how people call out bs but don't explain how it's bs... (intps thats you)
I've actually done the masaru emoto experiment on rice with amazing results. It takes a bit of patience and commitment because it takes about a month to see a big contrast. When I started the experiment I was skeptical, when I was done with the experiment I was shocked really.

But here you go, this was the results of my experiment.
YouTube - Rice Hado Experiment Masaru Emoto

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Maybe if we all believe it hard enough, it will become true?

It's been a few years since I watched it. I remembered some comments about perception that I hadn't thought of before and found interesting, but forgot about the premise of the film that says the mind can alter reality. I don't buy into that. The perception part was about how people don't see what they don't expect to see. There are parts of that which seem to hold true, but it's a rather tangential aspect of the film.

You are probably right, but knowing what I know about MBTI, I highly doubt (at least in short terms) "we will ALL believe it". I think thats the main problem, we are not cooperating, many people (I suspect S types) are simply afraid of change, seems like even if it's for the better, they just resist what doesn't fit their own selfish molds, INTJs are best at changing their internal values to fit what seems true in reality, so I think I'm a step ahead of the rest.

It's quite mind boggling, if it is true that our collective consciousness creates reality. Our reality as of now is of the mix and matching of our society's divided consciousness, and it seems a bit chaotic, famine, world economic crisis, and wars are the manifestations of our minds, are these things what lies in the subconscious minds of the masses? It's sad really, we desperately need peace, love and understanding right now (didn't expect that from an intj? well I've gone through many changes). I actually have faith in our future though, intuition levels are rising in children, children are the future, and intuitives are future oriented.

luvfreedom

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5/6w
When I was young I used to watch my blind grandmother recreate her reality. She did more with no sight than anyone I ever knew with sight. When I asked her how she could see so well she said, "I see with my mind." I knew then that everything in what we call the world is all in our mind. That is actually where my personal quote came from. "Reconstruct the world by reconstructing your mind." And yes, I do believe there is no out there, only the boogie man in our minds.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
It's always quantum physics that these goobers pervert in order to promote their nonsense.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I watched it a long time ago. Mostly I thought it was obnoxious, but I do remember feeling like the philosophical points had some merit, just not in a scientific context. I watched the video you posted, INTJ123, it's interesting, and I might have to try it myself to get a better understanding of it.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
That's kind of my hotspot of interest, but I watched the Documentary, and to be honesty, I felt that it was a little far fetched, poorly composed, and that they were trying a little too hard to sound like they knew what they were talking about..it all sounded questionable.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Moved from NT Rationale.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
Ahh yeah this evoked some violent feelings.

While almost all of it is bullshit, I do think there is something to the "wishing".

Basic cognative/behaviorial psychology has shown that repititious matras of self-enhancement can actually negate feelings of depression.

If chanting "I am a good person" can have that effect on depression, I think repetitive wishing can influence the way you think and therefore, the way you act. I doubt anyone is becoming a billionaire, but maybe they they made an extra sale or earned some extra praise from the boss.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I watched it a long time ago. Mostly I thought it was obnoxious, but I do remember feeling like the philosophical points had some merit, just not in a scientific context. I watched the video you posted, INTJ123, it's interesting, and I might have to try it myself to get a better understanding of it.

Over the past several years, I realized that science has practically become a religion(scientology is a good example). Science is not ALWAYS right though, they're constantly learning new things and changing their past conceptions. I'm not saying science is bad, it's a wonderful tool, but to deny something exists because science can't measure it, is rather foolish, all I'm saying is that there is a possiblity that the science department is wrong or doesn't know enough about the subject to make an accurate conclusion.

I'm glad you "might" try it, but so far everyone who said that to me never got around to actually doing it.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
There are meny good points in the movie, but allso meny good points on this clip about the movie

I think that guy who made the dubunk video didnt fully understand the consept about happy thinking. Its not about that happy things start happening if you wish hard enough. Its about that your mind starts kind of prepairing itself for these things you wish, so that its easier to accomplish them.