• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

David Carradine found hanged in Thai hotel: Police

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just saw this on a Yahoo! headline. :(

Gonna go read the article.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
Lived life like a stud and went out like a stud.

Bangkok hotel...........hahaha..........gotta love it.

Actually some people are speculating its autoerrotic asphyxiation gone wrong.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
They said he hung himself. How sad a person accomplishes more than most can ever wish to achieve and then they end up snuffing out their own flame..

What about his books of wisdom, if he committed suicide as media claims, are we to think he found a true path of peace?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No!!! :( I can't believe it!! What on earth... I love the Carradines! :(

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Yes, it is really sad. I loved his movies and shows where he played the wise mentor. Good Bye David..

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Wow. Bangkok's ladies of the night are dangerous. :ninja:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
anyone think it's all at least possible that he was trying to kill himself but give himself a boner with autoerotic asphixation? I mean he was naked. It sucks whether he did mean to kill himself or something else.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Looks like somebody really DID kill Bill...

Quite possibly himself.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Word on the wire is that his hands were tied. And the hotel is stalling turning over evidence to the police.
:ninja:
Danger!
Watch yourself.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Word on the wire is that his hands were tied. And the hotel is stalling turning over evidence to the police.
:ninja:
Danger!
Watch yourself.

“with a cord around his genitals” - What Would Tyler Durden Do

Celeb gossip site, so FWIW.

WWTDD said:
When the news first broke that David Carradine was found dead, hanging from a closet in a hotel in Bangkok, the BBC was the first to suggest that his death was the result of autoerotic asphyxiation. The second paragraph of their original article said…

'Thai police told the BBC the 72-year-old was found naked by a hotel maid in a wardrobe with a cord around his neck and genitals.'

“Genitals” (editors note - *teehee*) was later changed to “other parts of his body.”

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I haven't heard that his hands were tied. I have heard that his penis was.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
With the right amount of misinformation and uncertainty, I think this incident has the potential to reach the legendary "Bob Crane death" status.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
The penis part is old news. The hands part is news to me. I wonder if there's anything to the bound hands beyond his family's speculation.

Another gossip site:
The news has leaked that David Carradine's hands were bound at the time of his death, suggesting that perhaps his death was not accidental.

Chuck Binder, Carradine's manager, told CNN "I do not want to get in the middle of this whole investigation, but this guy said to me for sure there was foul play."

Carradine was found dead on Thursday morning with a rope tied around his neck and another around his genitals in a Bangkok hotel room. At first, it was believed he committed suicide, then the investigation shifted to accidental death via auto erotic asphyxiation.

Carradine's family and friends are adament that suicide was not an option for Carradine and now with the news that his hands were bound, it looks as though the acclaimed actor may have been murdered. The police have not commented publicly on anything other than an accidental death.
David Carradine Murdered? - Bodog Beat

With the right amount of misinformation and uncertainty, I think this incident has the potential to reach the legendary "Bob Crane death" status.
Yup.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
Coincidentally, Shih Kien died yesterday (the antagonist in Enter the Dragon).

"Bullshit Mr. Han Man!" - classic

Vildechaya

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
My son and I miss him very much. He has been in my life since Kung Fu, I've had a crush since Kill Bill, and just recently my boy and I laughed till we hurt watching David in 'Big Stan' as 'the Master'.
I hope his death was painless and without fear. A real angel.