User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default So anyone watch Conan's debut last night?

Thoughts? I enjoyed it, though at times I kept thinking it was still Late Night, which is a good thing. I know he'll have to make some changes to his comedy (while it was one of my all time fave bits, I doubt I'll ever see the really offensive 1940s singing ghost again) but at least he's not totally reforming his style.

My main concern is that the re-inclusion Andy Richter doesn't destroy all the banter Conan had with Max. That was really some of the best stuff from his old show, IMO.

I know It'll never be the old show (miss you already, Joel! :sad but I'm definitely going it the due chance it deserves (unlike Jimmy Fallon ).
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

Conan's a cool cat. My BF said he liked him more than Leno when he watched it.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

I really enjoyed the show last night. The open with him running across the country and the Universal tram skit were both gold. I really missed Andy on Late Night after he left, so I'm glad he's back although it seems he won't have the same role on The Tonight Show. I don't suppose we'll get the Masturbating Bear or some of Triumph's raunchier bits, but a watered down Conan is still light-years ahead of Leno. The only downside to this is that now I have to choose between Letterman and Conan. I think I might go all Solomon and cut the baby in half.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ESFJ

It was pretty good, and I think it will be up on hulu, right? A bit much Will Ferrell movie-plugging in the second half, but it was overall entertaining.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    yupp

I wasn't aware that conan was taking over the, wait what show is he taking over?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

violaine

I am still slightly devastated that he isn't doing Late Night I miss the low budget antics and cool/b lister guests. But any Coney is good Coney as far as I'm concerned. *circle circle circle* Looking forward to when he interviews some of the guests who have not appeared on his show before.

He's looking very polished too. Is it me or does his hair look a little lighter?

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I just finsihed watching it (yes, he is on Hulu - my DVR did not save my preferences and forgot to record it - if you used to record him on a DVR, you may need to re-add him as "the tonight show" instead of late night with Conan).

I was disapointed to not hear Joel as the announcer, but I can see where he would not fit in as well with the new time slot (and its probably a pretty safe bet that Artie Kendal (sp?) will either not return or will be watered down), and even though Andy Richter has never impressed me, I don't have anythign against him either. It was nice to see Max and the band return, and I already researched at the end of his last season to find out that my favorite personality on the show (Pierre Bernard) made the move with him. Eventually I'll probably go back to just watching him a couple times a month, but after him being off the air for several months, its nice to have him back again.

MBTI
    ISTx

Conan is a mortal God.

violaine

Tonight's show was funneee!

MBTI
    INTP

I was rollin' when the bird's head fell off.

I loved that sketch when it used to be for the sausage fest

Brian McCann rocks
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found