• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

So anyone watch Conan's debut last night?

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
Thoughts? I enjoyed it, though at times I kept thinking it was still Late Night, which is a good thing. I know he'll have to make some changes to his comedy (while it was one of my all time fave bits, I doubt I'll ever see the really offensive 1940s singing ghost again) but at least he's not totally reforming his style.

My main concern is that the re-inclusion Andy Richter doesn't destroy all the banter Conan had with Max. That was really some of the best stuff from his old show, IMO.

I know It'll never be the old show (miss you already, Joel! :sad:) but I'm definitely going it the due chance it deserves (unlike Jimmy Fallon :rolleyes:).

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Conan's a cool cat. My BF said he liked him more than Leno when he watched it.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I really enjoyed the show last night. The open with him running across the country and the Universal tram skit were both gold. I really missed Andy on Late Night after he left, so I'm glad he's back although it seems he won't have the same role on The Tonight Show. I don't suppose we'll get the Masturbating Bear or some of Triumph's raunchier bits, but a watered down Conan is still light-years ahead of Leno. The only downside to this is that now I have to choose between Letterman and Conan. I think I might go all Solomon and cut the baby in half.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
It was pretty good, and I think it will be up on hulu, right? A bit much Will Ferrell movie-plugging in the second half, but it was overall entertaining.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I wasn't aware that conan was taking over the, wait what show is he taking over?

V

violaine

I am still slightly devastated that he isn't doing Late Night :cry: I miss the low budget antics and cool/b lister guests. But any Coney is good Coney as far as I'm concerned. *circle circle circle* Looking forward to when he interviews some of the guests who have not appeared on his show before.

He's looking very polished too. Is it me or does his hair look a little lighter?

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just finsihed watching it (yes, he is on Hulu - my DVR did not save my preferences and forgot to record it :( - if you used to record him on a DVR, you may need to re-add him as "the tonight show" instead of late night with Conan).

I was disapointed to not hear Joel as the announcer, but I can see where he would not fit in as well with the new time slot (and its probably a pretty safe bet that Artie Kendal (sp?) will either not return or will be watered down), and even though Andy Richter has never impressed me, I don't have anythign against him either. It was nice to see Max and the band return, and I already researched at the end of his last season to find out that my favorite personality on the show (Pierre Bernard) made the move with him. Eventually I'll probably go back to just watching him a couple times a month, but after him being off the air for several months, its nice to have him back again.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
I was rollin' when the bird's head fell off. :laugh:

I loved that sketch when it used to be for the sausage fest

Brian McCann rocks

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
Pierre Bernard's Recliner of Rage! I wonder if pierre is an ixtj....

I hope that he'll still do nonsense at the same level as the last show. I remember them having a sketch where conan would talk about how some affiliates in Texas complained about the random nonsense that goes on on the show. Afterwards conan swears that they'll be better and turns to the right and says, "Isn't that right, Chef cactus playing 'We Didn't Start the Fire' on the flute?"

Or what about "Actual Items". It's basically a rip off of headlines with Jay Leno but the writers put text in the adds to (hopefully) make the add funny. My favorite was the one where they had the Civil War DVD Box Set. Then it zooms up to some text saying "With alternate ending hosted by Strom Therman and Trent Lott" I swear to God, I laughed my ass off.

Also, where the F*** is the masturbating bear? I've seen neither hide nor hair of him. :D

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
I was so glad they did that sketch where he keeps going on about some pervert and the camera occassionally snaps over to Max. The audience was uproarious with laughter at that so thankfully I think that one's a keeper.

However I don't think we'll be seeing too much of In The Year 3000 unless they have some really good ones. Seemed to kind of tank the first time they did it.

Oh man, I DO hope they bring back The Interrupter. That's another great one.

:rofl1:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KSsbZCZgBc"]The Interrupter - 5/23/06[/YOUTUBE]

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I was so glad they did that sketch where he keeps going on about some pervert and the camera occassionally snaps over to Max. The audience was uproarious with laughter at that so thankfully I think that one's a keeper.

However I don't think we'll be seeing too much of In The Year 3000 unless they have some really good ones. Seemed to kind of tank the first time they did it.

Oh man, I DO hope they bring back The Interrupter. That's another great one.

:rofl1:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KSsbZCZgBc"]The Interrupter - 5/23/06[/YOUTUBE]

My favorite Interrupter is when he talks about his love of "vodka and Tori Amos albums," which Conan TRIES to say is "the saddest thing you've heard yet." And that he "didn't even know KFC was open on Christmas."