User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    i don't get this game. i don't get it. i don't get why you would want to waste time on it, or why it would interest anyone beyond girls aged 9-14 for character dress ups. it's like there's no point to playing it at all.
    It's a sandbox game. It's amusing to set up all sorts of situations and see how the people deal with it, with various nudges here and there to do stuff at your command, ranging from silly to serious.

For example, once I made a family of 8 sims and basically stuck them in a large but empty box for a house. Circumstances deteriorated rapidly as they fought one another for food, bed, and bathroom time, and had nothing to do. This was fun to watch for a short while, but then I shifted my goal to recovering to at least a basic living. To do so I had to be creative with my budgeting, get them jobs with different shifts that allowed bed swapping, micromanage some of their actions into more positive lines of discussion, etc. This easily burned an evening away and I could have carried along much longer with loftier objectives.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaCat View Post
    OMG it's out! I wish I could play =( But my laptop overheats with The Sims 2, so I don't want to fry it with this 3rd version...
    Same. But I'm really excited to see how the new personality creator thingamabob works. Creating people is my favorite part of the Sims series. Hopefully I can find somewhere else to play it.

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    i don't get this game. i don't get it. i don't get why you would want to waste time on it, or why it would interest anyone beyond girls aged 9-14 for character dress ups. it's like there's no point to playing it at all.
    I've not played Sims2 for a few years now, but it does have its good points - it's just not a really traditional game - more like Feops said, just a sandbox to play around with. I used to write stories about characters from birth--> death, just sort of see what I got in the next generation and go from there. Eventually I just ran out of stuff to write about, but it was a pretty fun time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm a fan of Sims 3 but my PC has some prob so I can't show ya'll this townhouse I built.

Its an interesting game IF you make it interesting, anyway, on another note...

this has been going around- its a homeless sims story blog. I think the author hasn't updated for a while but its worth a read. I think this is a good example of the sandbox nature of the game, you can virtually do most anything with your sims.

Alice and Kev
    I am an ENFP but I value justice over mercy.