• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Suggest a book?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but, I was thinking one member could post a title of a book they liked, and another member whose read the first book could make recommendations that somehow relate to the first book.

is that too convoluted?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I would make a suggestion, but I haven't read that yet, I plan too. Maybe after Fight Club, who knows.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The House at Riverton. I know lots of great classics, but this is actually a good "new" book that did super well in the UK and Australia, but hasn't caught on in the States ...yet!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
fiction, non-fiction, doesn't matter. I always get to the point where I've read a book then I have a list of books I want to read but not at the moment, so I was thinking that if people made suggestions related to books someone has read. Like lets say I just read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and I really liked that book (which I have, and i did), and the next book I wanted to read was something similar to that, someone else might know of a book, that relates to it in some way. do you get it?

S

Sniffles

Well Wade suggested 1984, so on that note I would highly recommend Orwell's non-fictional works like Road to Wigan Pier and especially Homage to Catalonia - which is about his combat experiences in the Spanish Civil War.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
Well Wade suggested 1984, so on that note I would highly recommend Orwell's non-fictional works like Road to Wigan Pier and especially Homage to Catalonia - which is about his combat experiences in the Spanish Civil War.

and let's take Homage to Catalonia and follow up with Don Quixote!

(this is fun!)

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How about the next person explains the next choice? (Good thread idea)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Catcher in the Rye"

By: J.D. Salinger

I loved reading this in junior high...

:)