User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default News and Communication Style [split from NTs: Just Plain Rude?]

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Just a thought here, not particularly aimed at this post or any other.

A large part of how much "rudeness" a T gets away with has to do with how evenly they respond to the reactions they get. If one flames another, one has to be ready to stand and take what comes back in return.

If someone (T or F) comes down hard and heavy with a rude tone and insults and then gets hypersenstive when others give the same back in return, then people are going to start being confused by that person and in the end just not wanting to deal with them.

Then again, I've highly offended an NT's feelings by just saying I don't think Fox news is unbiased.
    I think this comment highlights a germane point. Fox news demonstrates a bias in its presentation of the news in an "NT'ish" way. Most of the other news sources (esp. ABC) hold as great a bias (if not greater - perhaps greater only because it is more incestuously insulated) but present that bias in a more "NF'ish" way. Since the bias is presented with more consideration for news norms, people see it as more objective and believe it is more objective, when it is not.

Once could argue that while Fox News may be biased, it is more honest. The other major news sources are biased but are less honest in their presentation, and therefore are considered more acceptable.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Erudur View Post
    Once could argue that while Fox News may be biased, it is more honest.
    :yim_rolling_on_the_:
    Aleph-One, you look like the kind of person who would spend his spare time building a giant robot to hold the government for ransom. -Some Guy on the Internet

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I think this comment highlights a germane point. Fox news demonstrates a bias in its presentation of the news in an "NT'ish" way. Most of the other news sources (esp. ABC) hold as great a bias (if not greater - perhaps greater only because it is more incestuously insulated) but present that bias in a more "NF'ish" way. Since the bias is presented with more consideration for news norms, people see it as more objective and believe it is more objective, when it is not.

Once could argue that while Fox News may be biased, it is more honest. The other major news sources are biased but are less honest in their presentation, and therefore are considered more acceptable.
    You are kidding, right? This is a joke? I hope so.

Fox News airs altered photos of NY Times reporters | Media Matters for America
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTJ

This is so honest, it makes George Washington look like a pathological liar.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYA9ufivbDw"]Some people say...[/YOUTUBE]
    :yim_rolling_on_the_
    Oh, the honesty!
    Aleph-One, you look like the kind of person who would spend his spare time building a giant robot to hold the government for ransom. -Some Guy on the Internet

heart on fire

I can't laugh out loud right now, spouse sleeping, but it's hard!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Since they weren't really related to NT rudeness but seemed like they could be an interesting topic by themselves I moved the above posts from this thread right here.

MBTI
    INTJ

Folks, by "honest" I meant honest in presenting in more inflammatory and openly biased ways. Clearly Fox is biased. Isn't it better that they don't work very hard to hide it.

But by your responses, it appears that you wear gigantic blinders to the bias of the more mainstream outlets.

I mean c'mon. A significant number of news correspondents were actually major players in former democratic party administrations. Yet to hear them in analysis you'd think they were presenting information from a non-partisan unbiased perspective. Stephanopolous and Moyers are a couple examples.

Then look at the other prominent faces...Dan Rather, Katie Couric, Charlie Gibson...the list pretty much could include all the ABC, CBS, NBC, CNBC, MSN famous faces. None of these people are moderate, conservative, or libertarian in their political perspective.
    That's what I meant by incestuous insulation.

If a group of people all have the same bias and don't venture into hostile territory to be challenged, they will soon begin to believe that their bias is objective truth.

The only way I can see to get some glimmer of objectivity is to listen to a range of sources and try to strike the information that jumps out as inconsistent from more than one of them.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Since they weren't really related to NT rudeness but seemed like they could be an interesting topic by themselves I moved the above posts from this thread right here.
    Isn't the way Fox or Limbaugh, for that matter, examples of the "I don't care what you think, I'm gonna trample these eggshells" style of communication?

Turn up the Ne/Ni a little bit. This is clearly related.

Dude, why are trying to censor me....(kidding!)

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph-One View Post
    This is so honest, it makes George Washington look like a pathological liar.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYA9ufivbDw"]Some people say...[/YOUTUBE]
    :yim_rolling_on_the_
    Oh, the honesty!
    Killian documents controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Goes both ways buddy. One side just gets called out more than the other.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Isn't the way Fox or Limbaugh, for that matter, examples of the "I don't care what you think, I'm gonna trample these eggshells" style of communication?

Turn up the Ne/Ni a little bit. This is clearly related.

Dude, why are trying to censor me....(kidding!)
    Your post could have been related. The ones that follow, mine included, not so much. I only removed the posts because I felt guilty about derailing juggernaut's thread.