• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Play in a Type-C online cash poker game?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Somebody mentioned this in another thread...

Would anybody be interested in playing texas holdem online?

We could just use play money to avoid having to deposit into anything, and if we wanted to put money on it we could all send 10 bucks or something to a common trusted source, and have him dole out the winnings.

Maybe that's too much effort. I don't know.

If we do it, I'd suggest pokerroom.com because it allows private play money tables...no deposits or cash outs or rake this way.

That sound plausible to anybody?

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'd be down for that. But seems like it could be a pain getting everybody in at the same time.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Probably would be only slightly harder than getting everyone to d/l and sign onto vent, and look how successful that little endeavor has been.

I would do it, especially if you used my existing poker program, which is Bodog.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would do it if I knew how to play poker. :blush:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I bluff like no one else!

But I'm also broke like no one else....

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Probably would be only slightly harder than getting everyone to d/l and sign onto vent, and look how successful that little endeavor has been.

I would do it, especially if you used my existing poker program, which is Bodog.

I love the look and feel of Bodog...I'd definitely play on there.

I would do it if I knew how to play poker. :blush:

If you download Bodog Poker, I will teach you for free in play money games.

You only have to pay me in hilarious commentary, deal?

Snow Turtle

Sounds fun.
Would just need to get permission from me parents if we're dealing with real money, but I suppose that's what makes it a proper game rather than virtual cash. What sort of rules would we be thinking of, or it'll just change over time?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I figured we'd play a NL holdem tourney for 10 bucks or something.

But I propose that we circumvent issues with having to deposit/withdraw real money into the sites...it's convoluted and requires intermediaries because of US gambling laws. They're possible to get around, but it's a lot of red tape, plus we'd get raked...and that's just lame.

So like I said in the OP, we should all send money to some agreed upon trusted person on the forum, and
then we play a private game with play money (free chips with no value on the site itself), and have him/her dole out the money to the winners.

If it's as small an amount as $10, I don't really mind risking it. I think there are plenty of trustworthy people here, and some of them might be willing to do it.

Anyway, for this format, we'd have to use Poker Room because it's the only site I've found that allows *private* play money tables. We obviously can't sit at a public table if we're placing our own arbitrary artificial value on play chips.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I still can't figure out why they haven't made an energy drink marketed at poker players.
Call it Alligator Blood and make it turn your teeth green.

Everyone would drink that shit.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
So like I said in the OP, we should all send money to some agreed upon trusted person on the forum, and
then we play a private game with play money (free chips with no value on the site itself), and have him/her dole out the money to the winners.
I'll make it even easier: I'll play. I'll win. And then you guys can just donate your money to the paypal account on this site.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
I still can't figure out why they haven't made an energy drink marketed at poker players.
Call it Alligator Blood and make it turn your teeth green.

Everyone would drink that shit.

All In Energy Drink

Check out "Media: Videos" for a hilarious/painful video of Phil Hellmuth and Johnny Chan rapping in an advertisement for it.

Back on topic, I'm on Bodog but kinda hate tourneys. Is it possible to set up private cash tables?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
can't even afford 10 dollars?
sounds like a bluff...
a bad one.

Hey man.. I can't afford ten bucks either..
Heck.. I don't even have ten bucks presently.

Not everyone can be a highroller like you, Nocap. :cry:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Simulatedworld,

Please let me know if this fires off; I want to clear the table and go buy fireworks and some smoke grenades for the 4th of July...I'm not kidding.

;)

Peace Bro!

:D

-Alex