• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Uwe Boll may have made his masterwork...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Check out the first three-and-a-half minutes of his upcoming movie Postal, based on the video game of the same name right here.

To be honest, I'm jealous that I didn't think of it first!

MBTI Type
INTJ
Check out the first three-and-a-half minutes of his upcoming movie Postal, based on the video game of the same name right here.

To be honest, I'm jealous that I didn't think of it first!

"Uwe Boll" and "masterwork" go together like "McDonald's" and "Three stars from Michelin".

I love starting/continuing/ending movie arguments :)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Notice I said his masterwork, not a masterwork, thus making it a masterwork relative to Boll.

I dunno, does anyone think that Uwe Boll (who allegedly has a Ph.D) intentionally makes bad movies?

And I've personally never played the Postal games, though I'll probably play Postal 3 when it comes out -- powered by the Source engine, which is still going strong!

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't think Boll (or anyone else, for that matter, with the possible exception of Roger Corman) makes bad movies on purpose. I just think he's indifferent to their quality. As long as he delivers his "Uwe Boll-ness" on screen and doesn't go over budget, enough people will see it to turn a nice profit. In this kind of film, quality isn't a concern either way. It's just not part of the equation.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Uwe Boll is what happens when someone has a strong sense of vision but a crappy inner critic.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Uwe Boll is what happens when someone has a strong sense of vision but a crappy inner critic.

I thought that would be more descriptive of Michael Bay.

Although I've never actually seen an Uwe Boll movie.

ygolo

My termites win
This guy seems disillusioned. I can empathize, though I have never seen any of his movies (and haven't even heard of some of them).

Uwe Boll bites back

What seperates an innovator and revolutionary from a lark or hack?

Luck? Good PR agent?