• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pacquiao-Hatton fight

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Does anyone beside me still love the sweet science? I was SUPPOSED to be in Vegas this weekend, but my social plans feel through (the bete noire of ESFJs). So, instead, I will be getting drunk starting at 2 with Kentucky Derby coverage, then through dinner and culminating in the fight, possibly at a Mexican bar. Predictions?

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Can't see Hatton cutting the mustard. Manny boxed a great match against de la Hoya - he's improved alot. The fight he lost against Marquez was close. Being unpatriotic, Hatton is a jumped up club fighter, a boozer. He's lost the heart for it. Merryweather showed him as a paper tiger and took him to pieces. I'll give Hatton 7 rounds at most, although he can take a punch, I don't think it'll do him much good.

Bad luck about the missed bout, Merc. Wish I was there.

Mozzes

Hatton will tire out and Pacquiao will win with a late round knockout.

I'm really hoping this will lead to a Pacquiao vs. Mayweather, Jr. fight. Though even more than that I'd like to see Mayweather in an MMA match against somebody like B.J. Penn.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
See, I rate Hatton a little better than you two. I watched Hatton-Mayweather live at a bar back home in Philly, and Mayweather didn't take over that fight until the third round, when he caught Hatton and cut him over the eye. It was a flawless performance after that, but Hatton showed some balls going after the best P4P fighter in the world, maybe the best in my lifetime. Pacquiao defeated a De La Hoya who A) was done before the fight; and B) had a history of coming up small in his biggest fights even when he was in his prime. Hatton also apparently really trained for this fight, and cut out the extracurricular nonsense. There is also some controversy in his circle right now (see below link), which could either motivate Ricky or distract him.. I still favor Pacquiao slightly, but I think it could go to a decision. I just can't foresee a Pacquiao KO unless Hatton really craps the bed early.

BTW, how weird are Floyd Mayweather, Sr. and Roger Mayweather?

Hatton camp in turmoil heading into fight - Boxing - Yahoo! Sports

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Hatton stands a snowballs chance in hell IMHO. But that's why they have the fights, eh?

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hatton will tire out and Pacquiao will win with a late round knockout.

I'm really hoping this will lead to a Pacquiao vs. Mayweather, Jr. fight. Though even more than that I'd like to see Mayweather in an MMA match against somebody like B.J. Penn.

I'd have to go Mayweather over Pacquiao. If Floyd trains hard and has his heart and his head in a fight, he beats anyone in the world at 154 or under.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
I'd have to go Mayweather over Pacquiao. If Floyd trains hard and has his heart and his head in a fight, he beats anyone in the world at 154 or under.

I'd like to believe you, but I don't, I think Floyd retired to duck Margarito, Pacquiao and Williams. He doesn't have the stomach for it anymore.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'd like to believe you, but I don't, I think Floyd retired to duck Margarito, Pacquiao and Williams. He doesn't have the stomach for it anymore.

I think he was sick of the grind, but I agree that he didn't want his record tarnished. When you're undefeated, I think that is always in the back of your mind. I still think he's better than any of them, though.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
I think he was sick of the grind, but I agree that he didn't want his record tarnished. When you're undefeated, I think that is always in the back of your mind. I still think he's better than any of them, though.

Makes me miss the old days when they fought for the glory of it and not the record. Whether he's truly better than them? That's a question without an answer in my book. And the one man who can answer it is at home washing his tights...

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Falcarius is going to watch it on the box. He is not sure who going to win, it should be interesting. Pacquiao has a bigger advantage the longer the fight goes on.

O

Oberon

I remember tuning into some early Tyson fights and being very disappointed when things ended early... this fight, it seems, was like that.

"Hey, who's going to eat all this chips and dip?!?"

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
There's only one Ricky Hatton. :)
_45730835_rick_466_get.jpg

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
That was a slaughter. The first knockdown was a glancing blow that Pacquiao landed when Hatton was off-balance. The second (in the 1st round) was legit. The final knockdown with ten seconds left in the 2nd was deadly. Ricky was out on his back with his arms splayed out behind his head. That was a textbook beatdown.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
On the bright side Floyd is out of retirement and the die is cast....

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Falcarius thinks Hatton has a death wish or something.

To say Hatton fought like an amateur would be an insult to amateur boxers, not even amateur boxers walk into punches. Falcarius also finds it hard to comprehend how one could try to fight in a boxing match like an alcy at closing time at the local boozer and seriously expect to win. It is not even like arrogance could be used as a excuse as Pacquiao is not some journeyman. :doh:

The worse thing was he totally failed to learn his lesson from when he fought Mayweather the other year, that he could not lunge head first into people without trying to even put up some sort of defence. Maybe if Hatton tried to at least cover-up, used some bobbing, some footwork other than doing his best to walk into punches, and held a higher guards he actually may had a chance to win the fight.

On a side note, there are a couple of interesting fights in the next few months; Wladimir Klitschko v David Haye, and Marquez v Mayweather.:yes:

Last edited: