• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Official Nerd Thread

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Because I didn't see one that I liked nearly as much as my own. :yes:

I'm a total nerd. I like video games, (I love how spell check told me to say INTERNET instead of Internet.) INTERNET memes, I'm a second generation Dungeons and Dragons player, got a Magic card deck for my birthday, attend anime cons, laugh at Star Wars references because I actually get them, collect comic books, my car has a set of dangling D20s on it, and I have a plush question mark box that makes coin and 1up noises when you hit the bottom of it with, say, your head, I have an original factory shrink wrap mint condition set of Heroes Quest, and own one of the official plexi-glass invitations to the screening of Starship Troopers. I think I qualify.

So what sort of nerd, geek, dork, [insert country/movie/book series here]ophile, gamer, bookworm, science enthusiast are you and why do you like it so much? Pictures are highly valued. :yes: Or you can just post pictures of nerdy things.

Personally, I can't wait for the Adventurer's Vault to get here. Torrents are just annoying for quick references.

Think Geek - A website I adore.

dungeonsdragonsbaby.jpg

sailor-moon.jpg

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm pretty geeky when it comes to music, movies or videogames. Kinda snobbish too (like any self-respecting geek) but I do respect everyone's taste. Even when it sucks ;)

I'm not a collector or the type that would do cosplay or something like that. But I do love to talk about such things when I have the opportunity.

I'm not one to align myself (or share much) with the mainstream though, even in geekdom.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Aybabtu to you too.

Altho most people call me artistically odd, and I don't think I have what it takes be be a real nerd. I lack some key ingredients.

I don't like Star Wars, nor do I like Star Trek. And apparantly I don't dress geeky. Nor do I speak incomprehensibly intellectual among friends... Or well.. On occasion I might slip a tiny bit in that regard and get the 'wtfdidyoujustsay?'-look.

S

Sniffles

So what sort of nerd, geek, dork, [insert country/movie/book series here]ophile, gamer, bookworm, science enthusiast are you and why do you like it so much?
Too many to list at one moment, so here goes nothing:

In terms of games, I always enjoy historical strategy games.

I'm a real bookworm on a myriad of topics, as can be seen from my posts. I've especially been a military history buff for much of my life.

I'm a big time Europhile, and always have been. In fact most people consider me more European in nature anyways. Always had a sense I was born on the wrong continent.

I've always been interested in learning about other cultures. Outside of Europe; I've been particularly interested in Chinese. Same thing with the Middle East in many ways.

On a related note: world religions have held a fascination with me too.