User Tag List

12 Last

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Default Type best able to "handle fame"?

I was watching this pussycat dolls video "when I grow up" and thinking about types and how they would be affected or altered by becoming famous.... I was particularly thinking of my ISFP Theatre Performing ARts roomate and how he'd probably become a different person....

and well, yeah, you guys know the routine of this site by now. what do you think? By "handle fame" I mean ability to hold one's bearing in light of glory, humble oneself, not develope an inaccurate view of yourself/world, and so on.

I think INTs in general could be particularly resilient to fame. This would stem from their desire not to be so center stage, but rather behind the scenes exerting their influence. This prevent maladaptive effects one gets from literally "swimming in people/fame until drowning", like the EXFP would be succeptible to. The effects of any "excessive ass-kidding" and being swarmed by fans would be mitigated because the INT already has a huge ego, thusly will not be altered ( all that much) by his/her stardome.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

NOT Isfp if the celebrity lists are accurate.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

^ why do you think they fall out then? overactive Se syphoning itself into an already egotistical Fi?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm afraid it would change me...in a bad way... simply because i would hate it and be miserable. i love people and want to enjoy them but i wouldn't be able to if they were always around everywhere i went treating me like a non person. i want to be amongst people as one of them not placed higher...i think that's shit and feel sorry for super famous people that are imprisoned by it.

so yeah...it's not that it would go to my head but it would make me sad..like okay everybody stop! i'm just a normal chick! this is insanity! the whole celebrity culture is quite literally nuts.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

I've wondered why too. I don't know why, maybe what you said noz. Maybe it's because they want attention and don't want attention at the same time. They want it on their own terms and their own schedule. Think of the typical temperamental artist. So they end up trapped. I don't know...

Some have done really well, Spielberg and De Niro. Some not so well, Micheal Jackson and Britney Spears.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I don't know, but I suppose take Michael Jackson (if he is ISFP) for example, all that attention and expectation early on probably completely overloaded his Se (one symptom being an obession with his own appearance) and he eventually retreated entirely into Fi bizarro-world.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I don't know, but I suppose take Michael Jackson (if he is ISFP) for example, all that attention and expectation early on probably completely overloaded his Se (one symptom being an obession with his own appearance) and he eventually retreated entirely into Fi bizarro-world.
    Makes sense.

MBTI
    INTP

I'd be horrible with fame. I had a brief stint of being the 'popular guy' years ago and it turned me into a monster. Reminds me of that episode of King of the Hill when Nancy became a big time news reporter. I'd be like that. Backstabbing, two-faced and drunk on ego but once it was taken away I'd just sulk for a bit then go back to normal.
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

MBTI
    ISFP

I'd like to be famous, really! But I also doubt myself that I would be able to handle fame. I shrug off people's praises whenever I've done an arwork I've spent hours on(they wouldn't believe I did it for hours!). Also, I'd become more self-conscious than now because I know that people can be well, judgmental of celebrities...and I confess that I have a bent towards pleasing people. So...NO TO FAME!
    I'm a Phlegmatic-Melancholy.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Fame wouldn't influence my thinking, but I might get crazy neurotic from the personal intrusion/lack of privacy. That part would drive me possibly insane, but the whole fame thing wouldn't have much effect on my ego. I'd be able to see it for what it was - masses of people engaging in group think in response to a commercially manufactured image.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)