• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type best able to "handle fame"?

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I was watching this pussycat dolls video "when I grow up" and thinking about types and how they would be affected or altered by becoming famous.... I was particularly thinking of my ISFP Theatre Performing ARts roomate and how he'd probably become a different person....

and well, yeah, you guys know the routine of this site by now. what do you think? By "handle fame" I mean ability to hold one's bearing in light of glory, humble oneself, not develope an inaccurate view of yourself/world, and so on.

I think INTs in general could be particularly resilient to fame. This would stem from their desire not to be so center stage, but rather behind the scenes exerting their influence. This prevent maladaptive effects one gets from literally "swimming in people/fame until drowning", like the EXFP would be succeptible to. The effects of any "excessive ass-kidding" and being swarmed by fans would be mitigated because the INT already has a huge ego, thusly will not be altered ( all that much) by his/her stardome.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
^ why do you think they fall out then? overactive Se syphoning itself into an already egotistical Fi?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm afraid it would change me...in a bad way... simply because i would hate it and be miserable. i love people and want to enjoy them but i wouldn't be able to if they were always around everywhere i went treating me like a non person. i want to be amongst people as one of them not placed higher...i think that's shit and feel sorry for super famous people that are imprisoned by it.

so yeah...it's not that it would go to my head but it would make me sad..like okay everybody stop! i'm just a normal chick! this is insanity! the whole celebrity culture is quite literally nuts.

wolfy

awsm
I've wondered why too. I don't know why, maybe what you said noz. Maybe it's because they want attention and don't want attention at the same time. They want it on their own terms and their own schedule. Think of the typical temperamental artist. So they end up trapped. I don't know...

Some have done really well, Spielberg and De Niro. Some not so well, Micheal Jackson and Britney Spears.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't know, but I suppose take Michael Jackson (if he is ISFP) for example, all that attention and expectation early on probably completely overloaded his Se (one symptom being an obession with his own appearance) and he eventually retreated entirely into Fi bizarro-world.

wolfy

awsm
I don't know, but I suppose take Michael Jackson (if he is ISFP) for example, all that attention and expectation early on probably completely overloaded his Se (one symptom being an obession with his own appearance) and he eventually retreated entirely into Fi bizarro-world.

Makes sense. :yes:

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
I'd be horrible with fame. I had a brief stint of being the 'popular guy' years ago and it turned me into a monster. Reminds me of that episode of King of the Hill when Nancy became a big time news reporter. I'd be like that. Backstabbing, two-faced and drunk on ego but once it was taken away I'd just sulk for a bit then go back to normal.

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
I'd like to be famous, really! But I also doubt myself that I would be able to handle fame. I shrug off people's praises whenever I've done an arwork I've spent hours on(they wouldn't believe I did it for hours!). Also, I'd become more self-conscious than now because I know that people can be well, judgmental of celebrities...and I confess that I have a bent towards pleasing people. So...NO TO FAME!

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fame wouldn't influence my thinking, but I might get crazy neurotic from the personal intrusion/lack of privacy. That part would drive me possibly insane, but the whole fame thing wouldn't have much effect on my ego. I'd be able to see it for what it was - masses of people engaging in group think in response to a commercially manufactured image.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I honestly think that most healthy and mature NFs, especially ENFJ and INFJ, would stereotypically be the least likely to become megalomaniacs etc.

As for SPs, the would become decadent :D
Also, INT or ENT, doesn't matter. An inherent trait of being NT is that NTs may easily become quite full of themselves. Why on earth do you people think that all these MBTI forums on the interwebz raise the INTP and INTJ to the very heavens and such? It's done by INTPs and INTJs. Not all of you guys, just the ones that are being narcissistic.

And yes, throwing rocks in a glass house again... Me? Speaking of megalomania!? Ridiculous! :smile:

/Off to conquer the world with my mighty powers of manipulation

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm adverse to aquiring fame. But am quite capable of handling it as long as it's a kind of fame close to my heart.

Few years back I was on tv and in the news because of a trial that was going on and I won that made quite a ruckus. It was related to funeral services and insurance companies pulling peoples financial legs greatly, I started marketing ads in the paper that compared my funeral service prices to those of other big funeral services, and my prices are all less then half of their price (And it's still very profitable) The thing is, the big funeral services want to have people take as high as possible insurance, and then they scale their prices to match the insurance policy of their customer. I was sued and eventually won the case, as a result some of the major funeral insurance companies literally lost out on millions in insurance money because of it. And as a result, the government has issued a 'keurmerk' for funeral services, which is like a quality mark that is audited by a third party company that checks to see if the business in question is following a strict and good policy. The fame I received from it I was able to handle easily. Without much care. As long as the fame is because of my opinions.

I've also received quite a few unofficial threats that stroke my ego very delicatly. :D

But there are tons of forms of fame I do not like one bit at all. Most any type of fame I hold no value in myself for example. I would totally hate that.