• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anyone watched HBO's: OZ?

Qre:us

One of my all time MOST FAVOURITE show. 6 seasons, got 'em all on DVD.

If anyone knows of this, could we discuss some personality traits of the characters? Which would be hella fun as all of them, for whatever reason, are 'unbalanced', in a very real sense (as well, they're in jail and all).

YouTube - Oz Opening Theme

"Oz" (1997)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not really into typing TV characters but I loved it and gots them all on DVD too :)

Haven't put much thought in it to be honest so rip em apart;

Warden Leo Glynn - ESTJ
Augustus Hill - INFP
Tobias 'Toby' Beecher - IStJ
Vernon 'Vern' Schillinger - ESTJ
Ryan O'Reily - ENTP
Tim McManus - ENFJ
Sister Peter Marie Reimondo - INFJ
Kareem Said - ENFJ
Father Ray Mukada - ISFJ
Miguel Alvarez - Cant type crazy, that said INFP with extra paranoia
Dr. Gloria Nathan - INFJ
Chris Keller - ENTP
Zahir Arif - ISTJ
Simon Adebisi - ESFP
Officer Sean Murphy - INTP
James Robson - ESFP
Governor James Devlin - ESTJ
Timmy Kirk - CRAZ
Kenny Wangler - ISFP

As so many of them were supposed to be under the influence of drugs it's hard to tell what's crazy and what's drugs.

Not really into typing TV characters but I loved it and gots them all on DVD too :)

Warden Leo Glynn - ESTJ
Augustus Hill - INFP
Tobias 'Toby' Beecher - IStJ
Vernon 'Vern' Schillinger - ESTJ
Ryan O'Reily - ENTP
Tim McManus - ESFJ
Sister Peter Marie Reimondo - INFJ
Kareem Said - ENFJ
Father Ray Mukada - ISFJ
Miguel Alvarez - Cant type crazy, that said INFP with extra paranoia
Dr. Gloria Nathan - INFJ
Chris Keller - ENTP
Zahir Arif - ISTJ
Simon Adebisi - ESFP
Officer Sean Murphy - INTP
James Robson - ESFP
Governor James Devlin - ESTJ
Timmy Kirk - CRAZ
Kenny Wangler - ISFP

As so many of them were supposed to be under the influence of drugs it's hard to tell what's crazy and what's drugs.

YESH!!! I was <> close to talking to my own self in this thread! :D

Pretty damn good, off the top, some commentaries:
Beecher - seems Nish to me, INFx (P or J)
Keller & O'Reiley are DEF. my two most fav characters (along with Timmy and his Schizophrenic tendencies)...and you've typed them both as ENTP. :cheese:

Could one of them be ESTP?

Supreme Allah - INTJ
Jeremiah Cloutier (Like, OMG 90210! Luke Perry!!!) - INFJ

Rebadow/Busmalis - INFP/ISFP

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Beecher - seems Nish to me, INFx (P or J)

He’s very logical in a N kind of way but he doesn’t seem very future orientated to me, some I’m more sure of than others and with him I’m not sure at all, I don’t think his character is consistent enough with all the things that he goes through. IxxJ is all that seem clear to me in regards to him, if he’s N I’d also say F so INFJ I could see.

Robson is another one I really wasn't sure of with my typing.

Keller & O'Reiley are DEF. my two most fav characters (along with Timmy and his Schizophrenic tendencies)...and you've typed them both as ENTP. :cheese:

Me too. Is it wrong that I can relate to those crazies the most (not Timmy) :blush:

Could one of them be ESTP?

Don't think so but I did ask myself that when typing.

Keller is a skeezy bugger who enjoys toying with people just to see how they react and O'Reiley is a slimy bastard who always comes out on top by manipulating anyone and everyone, they both have excess charisma and are always several steps ahead of everyone else when plotting what they're going to do next, if Sis Pete and Dr Nathan are both INFJs then it's interesting ENTP/INFJ dynamics there.

Supreme Allah - INTJ
Jeremiah Cloutier (Like, OMG 90210! Luke Perry!!!) - INFJ

I don't remember Supreme Allah well enough and Jeremiah shat me. That whole sequence where he disappeared really bugged me, the 90210 connection did not help :D

He’s very logical in a N kind of way but he doesn’t seem very future orientated to me, some I’m more sure of than others and with him I’m not sure at all, I don’t think his character is consistent enough with all the things that he goes through. IxxJ is all that seem clear to me in regards to him, if he’s N I’d also say F so INFJ I could see.

Keller is a skeezy bugger who enjoys toying with people just to see how they react and O'Reiley is a slimy bastard who always comes out on top by manipulating anyone and everyone, they both have excess charisma and are always several steps ahead of everyone else when plotting what they're going to do next, if Sis Pete and Dr Nathan are both INFJs then it's interesting ENTP/INFJ dynamics there.

Maybe I'm projecting for Beecher, but, I'd agree with INFJ as I'm seeing the "I'll save your tortured soul"/"I'll pretend to let you 'save' me if only cuz it gets me closer inside your pants" dynamic between Beecher/Keller (one of the most twisted and greatest love/obsession story? :devil:)

Robson is another one I really wasn't sure of with my typing.
I actually agree with Robson, and all I vividly recall of him are his gums and spooning. (shudder) 'Nuff said.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Maybe I'm projecting for Beecher, but, I'd agree with INFJ as I'm seeing the "I'll save your tortured soul"/"I'll pretend to let you 'save' me if only cuz it gets me closer inside your pants" dynamic between Beecher/Keller (one of the twisted and most greatest love/obsession story? :devil:)

Very twisted but yup. There's a bunch of story lines that bored me after a while and a few that captivated me the whole time, that one captivated me, soooo twisted.

I actually agree with Robson, and all I vividly recall of him are his gums and spooning. (shudder) 'Nuff said.

Heh, gums *very much shudder* I have to look away when they show that part.

How's about;

Chucky 'The Enforcer' Pancamo - ESTP
Arnold 'Poet' Jackson - ENFP
Jaz Hoyt - ISTP
Officer Claire Howell - ESTJ
Officer Diane Whittlesey - INFP
Shirley Bellinger - Care to have a go? I'm thinking a crazy version of INFJ
Burr Redding - ENTJ
Omar White - ESFP
Peter Schibetta - IntJ

Negative_

sayid - INFJ
ryan oreilly - XSTP
keller - EXTP
shillinger - ESTJ
adebisi - ESXP
kenny - ESFP
dont remember the other characters well enough to try typing.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si

Warden Leo Glynn - ESTJ Agreed on STJ.. while he uses Te.. it's not dominant, he also lacks salient ESTJ traits. He expresses a strong Si in several episodes.. and seems like an introvert, his interaction style is also quiet and rather strict

Augustus Hill -INFP Agreed on NFP.. he is possibly ENFP though, his manner is extroverted or atleast he has a decent amount of it, borderline case, when he does his explainatory observations.. he does it with FI

Tobias 'Toby' Beecher - ISTJ Disagree.. he is INXP.. leaning on INFP, Lots of times he uses secondery style Ne to dismantle Schillingers plan's of destruction

Vernon 'Vern' Schillinger -ESTJ Agreed... propbably the slimiest and most sleazy ESTJ ever portrayed.. he has that conventional ESTJ cunning with a knack for exploitation

Ryan O'Reily - ENTP One of the harder characters to type.. The persona is EXTPish.. always looking out for leverages and ways of self-gain, but he gives off a ISTP vibe.

Tim McManus - ENFJ agreed.. though i am unsure if he is N.. despite the idealism.

Sister Peter Marie Reimondo - INFJ hmm she is hard to type

Kareem Said - ENFJ More I'ish

Father Ray Mukada -ISFJ agreed

Miguel Alvarez - Cant type crazy, that said infp with extra paranoia
More like ISFP

Dr. Gloria Nathan -INFJ she seemed NFJ

Chris Keller -ENTP Disagree about the N.. he is a prime example of a ESTP manipulator.. he doesn't have any long-term goals.. and his motivations are usually erratic and more in terms of "Because i can". He enjoys manipulation and interact's tactically.. he is also engages physically and is detail oriented. Changing the knife prop in the series final to a real one.. calling in favor with a friend to destroy the aryan brotherhood with anthrax... getting caught after robbing a store and escaping with a motorbike.. seems like ESTP things to do

Zahir Arif -ISTJ sounds about right

Simon Adebisi - ESFP While his intake drugs made him erratic and scattered.. he came off as a classical ESTP bully to me. I'd say Underdeveloped ESXP, since he neither displayed salient Ti/Fi traits

Officer Sean Murphy - INTP sensor? can't remember enough to type him

James Robson - ESFP I'd say ESxP.. propbably T.

Governor James Devlin -ESTJ agreed

Timmy Kirk - CRAZ Lol.. he was one akward character.. manupilative though.. even if uncunning.

Kenny Wangler - ISFP Kenny was the only ESFP in the series

Some critics to your list.

Last edited:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Warden Leo Glynn - ESTJ Agreed on STJ.. while he uses Te.. it's not dominant, he also lacks salient ESTJ traits. He expresses a strong Si in several episodes.. and seems like an introvert, his interaction style is also quiet and rather strict I'd agree with that.

Augustus Hill -INFP Agreed on NFP.. he is possibly ENFP though,his manner is extroverted or atleast he has a decent amount of it, borderline case, when he does his explaintory observations.. he does it with FI Good point with the Fi. I'd agree with that as well.

Tobias 'Toby' Beecher - ISTJ Disagree.. he is INXP.. leaning on INFP, Lots of times he uses secondery style Ne to dismantle Schillingers plan's of destruction Changed that to INFJ earlier, ISTJ never really sat right but I can't find a clear type for him as I see his character as chopping and changing beyond what someone would do in reality. I don't see how he uses Ne to stop Schillinger.

Ryan O'Reily - ENTP One of the harder characters to type.. The persona is EXTPish.. always looking out for leverages and ways of self-gain, but he gives off a ISTP vibe. ISTP in an interesting call, I find him too manipulative and big-picture-focused for that, he seems strongly ENTP to me. An ISTP would do things themselves, O'Reily manipulates everyone else to do thing for him.

Tim McManus - ENFJ agreed.. though i am unsure if he is N.. despite the idealism. That was my thought too, the other alternative was SJ but he hates rules for the sake of rules, he constantly disagrees with Glynn and Devlin for that reason, so I went with a Fe fuelled NFJ.

Sister Peter Marie Reimondo - INFJ hmm she is hard to type My thinking was similar to McManus, she chooses her personal morals over rules constantly. Somewhat of a martyr, strong Fe.

Kareem Said - ENFJ More I'ish He's very much a leader which is why I went with E but that could be less about wanting to lead more about others wanting to follow, I could see that.

Chris Keller -ENTP Disagree about the N.. he is a prime example of a ESTP manipulator.. he doesn't have any long-term goals.. and his motivations are usually erratic and more in terms of "Because i can". He enjoys manipulation and interact's tactically.. he is also engages physically and detail oriented. Changing the knife prop in the series final to the real one.. calling in favor with a friend to destroy the aryan brotherhood with anthrax... getting caught after robbing a store and escaping with a motorbike.. seems like ESTP things to do Heh, I did think about ENTP v ESTP here and went with the former because to me his moves actually seemed calculated, at least in the sense that he's toying with people just to see how they react. I agree with the engaging physically, ENTPs can engage in Se as a method of avoiding dealing with things they don’t want to. I'm not really convinced either way.

Simon Adebisi - ESFP While his intake drugs made him erratic and scattered.. he came off as a classical ESTP bully to me. I'd say Under developed ESXP, since he neither displayed salient Ti/Fi traits Couldn't see a strong leaning to Ti or Fi in him, just lots and lots of Se, he goes with what feels right at the time, his reactions seemed more emotionally fuelled though.

Officer Sean Murphy - INTP sensor? can't remember enough to type him He struck me as the quintessential and only clear INTP, Logical Ti and quick Ne with the dry sarcasm to match.

Kenny Wangler - ISFP Kenny was the only ESFP in the series Thinking about it again, I'd agree with that, he needed people.

:)

Some critics to your list.

Ryan O'Reily - ENTP One of the harder characters to type.. The persona is EXTPish.. always looking out for leverages and ways of self-gain, but he gives off a ISTP vibe.

Chris Keller -ENTP Disagree about the N.. he is a prime example of a ESTP manipulator.. he doesn't have any long-term goals.. and his motivations are usually erratic and more in terms of "Because i can". He enjoys manipulation and interact's tactically.. he is also engages physically and detail oriented. Changing the knife prop in the series final to the real one.. calling in favor with a friend to destroy the aryan brotherhood with anthrax... getting caught after robbing a store and escaping with a motorbike.. seems like ESTP things to do

Chris Keller, like Trinity said, could very well be caught in a Se loop to escape certain realities that his naturally inclined "Ne" would reveal. One time I clearly seem to get the impression of him as Ne is after he took the bullet for Tobey in the earlier season.

And, there's a scene when he finally returned from the hospital back to sharing the pod with Beecher, and Beecher wakes to find Chris huddled on the ground, rocking back and forth.

He spoke of, 'dying, being to hell and back, that he was there, but, they brought him back, to pay the penance'. He thinks of the big-picture, long-range, but, mostly in scams, which we don't see much 'abstraction' in. Ti?

But, his few insights into introspections (even with Sister Pete), we really saw him reaching (and reconciling) with 'what ifs'/possibilities/Ne. It's one he fears, even though its there naturally as his dominant function - we only see it's utility in schemes, ponzis, there's that N-flair/twist. But, true insight into his Ne-dom, in terms of abstract way of how the character viewed life, I think was skewed by the very reality of such a character 'getting caught and imprisoned'...thus, Se crutch to escape/ignore.

Ryan O'Reiley has this need to be the behind-the-scenes puppeteer of the whole Oz show....while he's backstage, snickering. This shows a want to interact (even if to manipulate), using humans as pieces....thus, I'd make the case for extraversion (versus ISTP).
I think more than Keller, O'Reiley gives off a more S vibe, so I'm not entirely convinced on his N/S. I think if I tried hard enough I could probably argue a case for either, or. So, with any amount of confidence, I'd stick with: EXTP, as you've outlined. :yes:

His brother Cyril is obviously stunted, mental growth wise, but, I can see him being IXFP, which can work with the EXTP and IXFP dynamics, in terms of the extravert thinker 'tucking in the' introverted feeler under his wing, from the big bad world, if a level of care is already established (which, as brothers, they have).