• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Did anyone ever watch "Clone High" on MTV?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, Clone High is seriously one of the most underrated TV shows ever made.

It only aired about 6 episodes on MTV before getting canceled because MTV's brain dead audience didn't get it, but it's seriously brilliant.

The premise is that the US government made clones of numerous famous historical figures and put the teenage clones in high school together. Abe Lincoln is the every-man protagonist; Gandhi is his ADD-ridden spazzed-out best friend; Joan of Arc is the depressed goth chick in love with Abe; Cleopatra is the obnoxious overbearing popular cheerleader, and JFK is the asshole jock.

It's pretty terrific, and it's all on youtube if you anyone's interested in checking it out for free.

It's a shame the humor went right over the heads of most of the audience...a couple of memorable quotes:

"You know, I've been thinking lately, about like, life and stuff...you really gotta the seize the day! There's no, like, fountain of youth to keep you living forever or anything!"
--Ponce de Leon

"Will you go to the prom with Nostradamus?"
"No!"
"I KNEW you'd say that!"

"People liked the real JFK because he was a strong leader!"
"I thought he was a macho, womanizing stud who conquered the moon!"
--JFK's foster father/JFK

"I watched the first two thirds of the MC Hammer: Behind the Music, and if there's one thing I've learned about money, it's that it NEVER RUNS OUT!"
--Principal Scudworth, the bat-shit crazy weirdo assigned to monitor the clones during high school for later use in a super secret government clone army conspiracy. (Though he has a "secret" plan to steal the clones and place them in an amusement park called "Cloney Island.")

"Heeeey, keep it down in there! Some of us are trying to nail Catharine the Great here! Or should I say...Catharine the so-so..."
-JFK

And the restaurant where the kids hang out after school is called The Grassy Knoll...just all kinds of awesome little subtleties.

I'm 99% sure no one will have seen this/care enough to respond, but...

Abe Lincoln - INFP
Gandhi - ESFP
Joan of Arc - INFJ
Cleopatra - ESTJ
JFK - ESTP
Principal Scudworth - ENTJ
Mr. Butlertron - INFP?

Man, I wish more people knew about/appreciated this show.

katerp

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
This show was awesome. My friend and I used to go back and forth cracking each other up saying "Say whaaaaaaaaat?!" like Ghandi. It figures - MTV cancels a great show like this and now the network is filled with unwatchable crap "reality" shows.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I watched that show. I thought the concept was funny.

nasmoe

MBTI Type
IXFP
Enneagram
Way way back in the 1980's
Secret government employees
Dug up famous guys and ladies
And made amuzing genetic copies
Now their clones are sexy teens
Now they're going to make it if they tried
Loving, learning, sharing, judging
Time to laugh, and shiver and cry

Time to watch,
Clone High
Energetic and engaging
Clone High
Our Angst is Entertaining
Clone High
Our Lives are Never Boring
Who am I?

Great show

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Ghandi's got ADD! Ghandi's got ADD! He got it from a toilet seat! Got to wear protective sheets!

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It can't be true...

But then again, it rhymed. So it must be.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't remember what episode that was from. But I think it was Paul Revere that was running around shouting that.

Son of the Damned

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Mom, Dad, listen. I've made some life-changing decision based on very poor information.I wanna be........a trucker.

"I HAVE NO SON!"

"I'm going to hang myself. I'm getting out the good noose"
-Ghandi and his foster parents

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
It's pretty terrific, and it's all on youtube if you anyone's interested in checking it out for free.

Thanks for the tip, I just spent an hour watching some of them. Incidentally, it seems that the show got canceled because the Indian authorities threatened to revoke MTV's broadcasting license in India over the portrayel of teenage Ghandi clone. Also, India sucks.