User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Some enemies I'm glad I don't have. Lelouch does remind me of things I used to come up with in junior high, only mine weren't as well thought out. Then again, I also never put any of them into action.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I still say this series is one of the greatest. Ive nearly finished watching it a second time, and I am still thoroughly impressed by the creator's ability to form such a character as Lelouche. Also, I'd have to say the best approximation of his type is INTP.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp

My brother asked me to watch it with him, so I did. I watched the first season. I disliked a lot of the characters behaviors (which is probably the point) and liked Suzaku, which kind of bothers me, because he isn't much of good person either.

My brother got annoyed when I compared the protagonist to Light from DN. In all fairness, I find the protagonist to be much more realistic than Light though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves,
    who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad
    memories and allow themselves to be provoked this
    easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance."
    -Severus Snape

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteIntrigue View Post
    My brother asked me to watch it with him, so I did. I watched the first season. I disliked a lot of the characters behaviors (which is probably the point) and liked Suzaku, which kind of bothers me, because he isn't much of good person either.
    Suzaku had a real purpose in the overall message of the series. He was one of those types of "people" who has a sense of morality, values, and a strong sense of justice. In the real world, nothing is black and white. Nothing is either good or evil, but thinking makes it so. He struggled with his naive sense of what was good and just, and the mistakes of his past, his own wrongdoings, which were at the time paved with "good" intentions. His plight, and the series as a whole, serve to highlight the real struggle humans have with the concept of good and evil, over what means justify the ends, and so forth.

My brother got annoyed when I compared the protagonist to Light from DN. In all fairness, I find the protagonist to be much more realistic than Light though.
    Lelouche is the same sort of character, endlessly plotting on the side of "evil". However, lelouche had some real benevolence behind many of his actions, he displayed grief and remorse over some of the things he had to do (and sometimes struggled to hide that while fighting his emotions), he actually cared about some people, didn't always win... In that sense he was way more realistic as a person than Light was, because Light was a very... robotic/unemotional character. I mean that might be very well realistic for a sociopath, but Lelouche's character flaws and inner struggles added more depth and realism I think, and made him more likeable and easier to relate to.

Lasting_Pain

Code Geass and Death Note arguably are the best anime of 2010. These two anime successfully blur the line of good and evil, and arguably present all the methods of trying to obtain world peace.

MBTI
    INFP

Omg, seriously, Code Geass was so frickin' amazing. I usually don't like to watch giant, robot anime and frankly, the only reason why I watched Code Geass was because CLAMP developed the characters, but I'm so glad I did. The ending of the first season was so "WTF?!?" and don't even get me started on the ending for the second season...my God..so mind-boggling and crazy that it left me speechless. Loved it. Never will watch it again cause my heart can't take it, but I really really loved it. I finished the entire series a couple of months ago, and I still go into a daze whenever I think about it. Haha!!
    and god help you if you are an ugly girl
    course too pretty is also your doom
    cause everyone harbors a secret hatred
    for the prettiest girl in the room
    and god help you if you are a pheonix
    and you dare to rise up from the ash
    a thousand eyes will smolder with jealousy
    while you are just flying back
    - 32 Colors by Ani DiFranco

MBTI
    STFU

i had just finished death note (one of my all time favorites) when i started watching code geass. i was on the fence till the second season, where shit got intense. while it wasn't as engaging a series for me as others i have seen, i still really dug it and think they tied it up perfectly in the end.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I watched both seasons a while ago so I don't remember all the explicit details of what happened and everything but Code Geass is, hands down, the best anime I've seen. I LOVED Lelouch's character. I found him so refreshing since most anime characters are incredibly one-dimensional and predictable. But to have someone who is so strong yet so weak, so hateful yet so loving, who's so torn...I tend to approach him with the 'fallen hero' mindset. His weaknesses were what drew me to the character.

I found this series incredibly unpredictable due to what were, at the time, plot enigmas. Otherwise it greatly entertained me, the female characters are good for ogling at, the robots are spiffy, and the ending made my head explode. What else can I say :P
    The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. --A. Rand