• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Obscure Animated Movies!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
So, for those who want to raise their kids on stuff they watched as a kid, and for those who cannot remember the names of all the shows they loved, please help make a list of the more obscure Animated movies.

Example of a correct submission:

n52503.jpg

The Secret of NIMH. - An older animated movie about little mice.

6a00cd9708535d4cd500d4142f33de6a47-500pi
(hint: This isn't the lost version I was referring to but..)

The Last Unicorn - A series that bridge American and Japanese animation, a story about "a unicorn who, believing she is the last of her kind in the world, sets off on a journey to discover what has happened to the others." It is discovered the evil Red Bull is the culprit of the reduction in unicorn kind.

2545e03ae7a0f306c06bf110.L._AA280_.jpg

The Elm-Chanted Forest - Etc. etc. etc.

Example of what I don't want to see: Lolzomg The Incredibles rawked the casbah!!1one! <3 :heart: :static:

I was inspired by this because I want to start collecting these movies, and I know I watched The animated Hobbit, and The Black Cauldron as a kid and remembered LOVING older movies like this..

bilbo_baggins_from_rankin-bass_the_hobbit.jpg
kingscourt.jpg

Not to mention, its driving me insane that I can't come up with a name for a movie I watched as a kid that I loved. It was something to do with a prince or a guy main character cursed by the bad guy so he cannot talk or communicate for whatever reason so he's disguised in a hooded sort of cloaky thing and follows the team around.. I think the rest of the team distrusts him.. its (I believe) centered on a fair maiden that, towards the end, the bad guy shoots a beam (I wanna say pink/purple in color) at the girl to (I guess) kill her, and the guy jumps infront of the beam to protect her by taking the blast. He's levitated by the beam and is being drawn closer.. and thats ALL I seem to be able to remember, but I do remember loving that movie.

Help me out :) Or at least list your favorite obscure movies.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nimh is obscure? :huh:

The Black Cauldron, now that was an example of Disney butchering a great book. Well, actually three great books that they tried to stuff into one movie. Bad, bad idea.

A good one that is probably pretty obscure: The Brave Little Toaster. :)

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Nimh is obscure? :huh:

The Black Cauldron, now that was an example of Disney butchering a great book. Well, actually three great books that they tried to stuff into one movie. Bad, bad idea.

A good one that is probably pretty obscure: The Brave Little Toaster. :)

I don't think Nimh is obscure. We watched it a million times in school as a child, and usually we'd only have the "popular" movies available. It was, by far, the BEST of all the movies they had there. I need to watch it again sometime. By the way, SCAD has most of the collection of Don Bluth, who did a lot of the animation and production and writing for Nimh. His work is beautiful. :)

I loved the Brave Little Toaster!

Some of mine:

Rock-A-Doodle

A70-6143

We're Back!

dinosaurTale-1.jpg

I remember this playing on Cartoon Network over the winter. It brought back memories.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
See I didn't consider Rock-a-Doodle obscure since I had to see it a million times, it was my sister's favorite.. Nimh though, I didn't hear about until adulthood. :) Guess it's all perception.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I liked We're back as well when I Was younger.. admittably, I thought the bad guy was ENTIRELY creepy.

No guesses at all as to what movie I was talking about in the OP? =( I thought Jeffster for sure would have known.