• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What goes into liking art

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
This is something that I thought of after reading the Marylin Manson thread parts about creating an image. I have noticed this other times, where books or music are viewed based on the images an author or musician gives off, and people become fans based off the image, and in general I was wondering how many people get their enjoyment/interest in certain types of art from stuff like that.

For me, listening to music or reading books for anything besides them sounding good/being fun to read/etc. is a foreign idea inside my head, though I do notice the pattern of social/status reasons and outside images of the person creating the art. I am curious as to how some types of emotional or other attachments form.