User Tag List

Thread: Plax is Ousted

MBTI
    INTP

Default Plax is Ousted

"I am an optimist, and I believe most situations can be worked out," Reese said in a press release a few minutes ago. "We hung in there as long as we could in hopes that there could be a resolution to this situation other than the decision we made today to release Plaxico. It wasn't to be, so now we have to move on. Like everybody else here, we want nothing but the best for Plaxico, and we are appreciative of the contributions he made to this franchise."

From the start, it always seemed like Reese was more optimistic about Burress' future with the team than Coughlin. When I talked to Reese at the recent owners' meeting, he once again said the Giants would "play it both ways" with Burress. With today's decision, the Giants are under even more pressure to find a No. 1 wide receiver. It's hard to imagine finding that guy with the No. 29 overall pick, so a trade for Anquan Boldin or Braylon Edwards becomes even more of a possibility. With Burress gone, the Cardinals and Browns might be able to get more from the Giants.

I honestly believed Reese when he said the Giants wanted Burress to return. But maybe the recent postponement of his court hearing to June 15 pushed the club over the edge. So who will go after Burress? I assure that a handful of teams will line up to give him another shot.

Much, much more to come.

Giants dump Plax - NFL Nation - ESPN
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Wow, this is ballsy. They really need him, as the second half of last season demonstrates.

On a side note, between this and the Jay Cutler drama, the NFL is dominating sports news on the eve of Final Four weekend and Opening Day for baseball. The NFL just pwns everyone.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Yea I think it's an absolutely big move on their part. Plaxico was Elis Binki big time! I can't tell you how many times as an Eagles fan I was pissed when he would beat our corner backs, even though I think he cheats (offensive pass interference anyone?). He got the job done. He really was their offensive game. I think they're taking a big chance on Brandon Jacobs carrying their offense and them being a Denver style running offense. I don't know if that will necessarily work. Burress has presence on the offensive side of the game. He had speed, massive, hard to defend size, and he was just generally consistently their to bail out Eli when tough blitzes or downs came for the Giants.

The NFL always has a way of dominating the media. I don't know how they consistently do it, It's always something. The players have a surprising amount of sway in the sport. Somewhat expendable, apparently free and easy lifestyles in the offseason, it's just geared for drama at times. Last season it was Marvin Harrison. This season apparently Donte Stallworth gets some of the off field focus.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

We're fucked.

We have no receiving core whatsoever unless the young guys step up, bigtime.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    We're fucked.

We have no receiving core whatsoever unless the young guys step up, bigtime.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post

And the Phillies not only decided not to sign Sheffield, the METS signed him! HAHAHAHAHA! It's going to be a good sports year in Philly.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    And the Phillies not only decided not to sign Sheffield, the METS signed him! HAHAHAHAHA! It's going to be a good sports year in Philly.
    It just won't be the same without Billy Wagner shooting his mouth off, though

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    It just won't be the same without Billy Wagner shooting his mouth off, though
    I hope Sheffield hits his 500th the first game he plays, and then he just gets unbearable to be around.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    IsTP

^^^They signed him for the league mininmum and Detroit picks up the tab on his contract. Win/win
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"