• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Plax is Ousted

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
"I am an optimist, and I believe most situations can be worked out," Reese said in a press release a few minutes ago. "We hung in there as long as we could in hopes that there could be a resolution to this situation other than the decision we made today to release Plaxico. It wasn't to be, so now we have to move on. Like everybody else here, we want nothing but the best for Plaxico, and we are appreciative of the contributions he made to this franchise."

From the start, it always seemed like Reese was more optimistic about Burress' future with the team than Coughlin. When I talked to Reese at the recent owners' meeting, he once again said the Giants would "play it both ways" with Burress. With today's decision, the Giants are under even more pressure to find a No. 1 wide receiver. It's hard to imagine finding that guy with the No. 29 overall pick, so a trade for Anquan Boldin or Braylon Edwards becomes even more of a possibility. With Burress gone, the Cardinals and Browns might be able to get more from the Giants.

I honestly believed Reese when he said the Giants wanted Burress to return. But maybe the recent postponement of his court hearing to June 15 pushed the club over the edge. So who will go after Burress? I assure that a handful of teams will line up to give him another shot.

Much, much more to come.

Giants dump Plax - NFL Nation - ESPN

MBTI Type
INTJ
Wow, this is ballsy. They really need him, as the second half of last season demonstrates.

On a side note, between this and the Jay Cutler drama, the NFL is dominating sports news on the eve of Final Four weekend and Opening Day for baseball. The NFL just pwns everyone.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Yea I think it's an absolutely big move on their part. Plaxico was Elis Binki big time! I can't tell you how many times as an Eagles fan I was pissed when he would beat our corner backs, even though I think he cheats (offensive pass interference anyone?). He got the job done. He really was their offensive game. I think they're taking a big chance on Brandon Jacobs carrying their offense and them being a Denver style running offense. I don't know if that will necessarily work. Burress has presence on the offensive side of the game. He had speed, massive, hard to defend size, and he was just generally consistently their to bail out Eli when tough blitzes or downs came for the Giants.

The NFL always has a way of dominating the media. I don't know how they consistently do it, It's always something. The players have a surprising amount of sway in the sport. Somewhat expendable, apparently free and easy lifestyles in the offseason, it's just geared for drama at times. Last season it was Marvin Harrison. This season apparently Donte Stallworth gets some of the off field focus.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
We're fucked.

We have no receiving core whatsoever unless the young guys step up, bigtime.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
^^^They signed him for the league mininmum and Detroit picks up the tab on his contract. Win/win