User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 89

  1. #71
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyhappy View Post
    there is actually a test on what jung type death note char thingy is (god my grammer sucks...
    OkCupid! The Jung Type Death Note Test

    light- entj
    l- intp
    near- intj
    That's hilarious. I took it and got INFJ. Apparently Watari was an INFJ. I can't remember him doing or saying much. At first I thought he was a Butler or some sort of servant until later on when it was revealed that he owned an orphanage for gifted children. Also, he clearly had the martyr complex and was just as ready to die as any of them. He jumps up a peg in my book.

    I can see how they would put L in INTP and Near in INTJ. Near's idea of "winning and losing" could be considered very INTJ because of the emphasis on performance.

    Edit: Now that I think about it, Watari is the epitome of an INFJ. While working for the common good, he put together a system that utilizes the best talents of everyone involved, but stood outside of the spotlight without ever seeking any credit for his deeds.

    I wonder what the Boondock character types are now.

  2. #72
    Senior Member lazyhappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    107

    Default

    I wonder what the Boondock character types are now.
    i, my sister and my mom (we talk aboot chars types alot) view them to be:

    Heuy Freman: INTP- smart, quiet and open-minded... he is very percieving and he doesn't care much about his looks or rules

    Riley Freeman: ENTP... in the gangstalicious episode he did alot of thinking not to mention in the trial of r. kelly, he gave smart reasons back about how r. kelly should not sent to jail unlike the other people defending r. kelly. and also... he's alot like my entp sister -.-....

    Robert (grandad) Freeman- INFJ

    Ed Wuncler the 2nd- ESTP

    Gim Rummy- INTJ

  3. #73
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyhappy View Post
    i, my sister and my mom (we talk aboot chars types alot) view them to be:

    Heuy Freman: INTP- smart, quiet and open-minded... he is very percieving and he doesn't care much about his looks or rules

    Riley Freeman: ENTP... in the gangstalicious episode he did alot of thinking not to mention in the trial of r. kelly, he gave smart reasons back about how r. kelly should not sent to jail unlike the other people defending r. kelly. and also... he's alot like my entp sister -.-....

    Robert (grandad) Freeman- INFJ

    Ed Wuncler the 2nd- ESTP

    Gim Rummy- INTJ
    Granddad an INFJ? No way! He has all the SJ traits. He demands that people respect his authority, he loves tradition, and whenever one of the boys speak about an abstract concept it goes right over his head. I could picture Riley as an ENTP. However, I think that Huey could be INFJ. He has that tenacity to expand the way people think, as well as the paranoia. Somehow he just feels like an idealist who is fed up with the incompetence of reality.

  4. #74
    Mamma said knock you out Mempy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,226

    Default

    Light is a total ENTJ. You will see his natural people manipulation skills as the story moves on, and of course his desire to rule the world. L is INTJ because he needs conclusive evidence to support his deductions, and his style of thinking is very similar to Kira's. Later a young and undeniable INTP emerges and provides great contrast to L's style of investigation. Yagami is stereotypically SJ.
    L does use concrete evidence to support his decisions. But you remember how he persisted in thinking Light was Kira even after all the tangible evidence contradicted it? He seems to go out on a limb and theorize a lot; you can see him hypothesizing on the possible existence of shinigami before he even has proof of them. Then again, his attachment to his conclusions could be seen as INTJ follow-through (i.e. "trying up loose ends"). All the INTJs I know have this reluctance to let go of an ideology or framework of knowledge that used to make so much sense to them. Maybe he's a cross between INTP and INTJ. There's definitely no lack of theorizing involved in his thinking, and his use of concrete facts is admirable.

    His mannerisms, style of dress, and overwhelming naivety and vulnerability endear me to him.

    Kira seems a bit like a one-sided character to me. All he ever thinks about is justice, following the rules, etc. It sickened me when he refused to handle a gun because guns were illegal in Japan. I'm like, "WTF?! You f-ing retard! You'll be going up against Kira! Imbecile!" His approach to the world seems a lot like warped INFJ ideals to me. When he forgot he was Kira, he was very concerned for the welfare of others. Then when he was Kira, his sadistic shadow seemed to come out. Seeing as he's a very good planner, he's definitely J. As logical and quicksilver as he was, I wouldn't rule out INFJ. I do think he was quite possibly INTJ or ENTJ as well.

  5. #75
    Senior Member lazyhappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Granddad an INFJ? No way! He has all the SJ traits. He demands that people respect his authority, he loves tradition, and whenever one of the boys speak about an abstract concept it goes right over his head. I could picture Riley as an ENTP. However, I think that Huey could be INFJ. He has that tenacity to expand the way people think, as well as the paranoia. Somehow he just feels like an idealist who is fed up with the incompetence of reality.
    your probley right aboot grandad being a s... but huey a feeler? i don't think he thinks with his feelings...

  6. #76
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyhappy View Post
    your probley right aboot grandad being a s... but huey a feeler? i don't think he thinks with his feelings...
    I dunno. INFJs are so Ti at times it's hard to tell them apart from NTs. I guess I'll have to continue to watch and see if he ever makes a decision that goes against reason. His analysis of N****r moments does seem awfully INTPish.

  7. #77

    Default

    Considering how little actual talking to other characters (instead of narrating) he does, introversion is evident.

    Also, very little of what he talks about is concrete. He also strikes me as a bit impractical, so I would put him as an N-type.

    I thought Huey was an INxJ.

    The "analysis" alluded to was heavily value based. And the foreseen conclusion of what these n**r moments lead to resembles Ni style analysis.

    His tendency to join radical leftist groups and be a crusader for ideals, IMO is an NF thing. Though wanting to be a revolutionary seems like an NT thing.

    His interaction style seems like chart-the-course, not Behind-the-Scenes style to me. I think DiSC would put him at C, not S. He also seemed more directive than informative.

    I think Huey could be a feeler, but it is close. I generally just use the absolutely clear dichotomies. He didn't strike me as a thinking till I read lazyhappy considered him an INTP. He could be a thinker, I guess.

    In addition, If we saw how he kept his room, we would have a better idea of whether he was a J or a P, but I don't think he is an INTP, maybe INTJ.

    Still, the overall vibe I get is INFJ.

    Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

  8. #78
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Considering how little actual talking to other characters (instead of narrating) he does, introversion is evident.

    Also, very little of what he talks about is concrete. He also strikes me as a bit impractical, so I would put him as an N-type.

    I thought Huey was an INxJ.

    The "analysis" alluded to was heavily value based. And the foreseen conclusion of what these n**r moments lead to resembles Ni style analysis.

    His tendency to join radical leftist groups and be a crusader for ideals, IMO is an NF thing. Though wanting to be a revolutionary seems like an NT thing.

    His interaction style seems like chart-the-course, not Behind-the-Scenes style to me. I think DiSC would put him at C, not S. He also seemed more directive than informative.

    I think Huey could be a feeler, but it is close. I generally just use the absolutely clear dichotomies. He didn't strike me as a thinking till I read lazyhappy considered him an INTP. He could be a thinker, I guess.

    In addition, If we saw how he kept his room, we would have a better idea of whether he was a J or a P, but I don't think he is an INTP, maybe INTJ.

    Still, the overall vibe I get is INFJ.
    You know, I had just kind of automatically put him down as an NT (I guess I figured INTJ) but what you say makes a lot of sense. INFJ it is!

    Riley seems like an ESTP to me. But maybe I just haven't seen enough episodes to get a good idea of his personality.

    Granddad seems ESTJ to me, with a fairly weak J.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  9. #79
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Merged some similar cartoon-oriented threads (and left an anime-specific one out, as it seems a more specific category deserving its own thread).
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  10. #80
    Senior Member nemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Considering how little actual talking to other characters (instead of narrating) he does, introversion is evident.

    Also, very little of what he talks about is concrete. He also strikes me as a bit impractical, so I would put him as an N-type.

    I thought Huey was an INxJ.

    The "analysis" alluded to was heavily value based. And the foreseen conclusion of what these n**r moments lead to resembles Ni style analysis.

    His tendency to join radical leftist groups and be a crusader for ideals, IMO is an NF thing. Though wanting to be a revolutionary seems like an NT thing.

    His interaction style seems like chart-the-course, not Behind-the-Scenes style to me. I think DiSC would put him at C, not S. He also seemed more directive than informative.

    I think Huey could be a feeler, but it is close. I generally just use the absolutely clear dichotomies. He didn't strike me as a thinking till I read lazyhappy considered him an INTP. He could be a thinker, I guess.

    In addition, If we saw how he kept his room, we would have a better idea of whether he was a J or a P, but I don't think he is an INTP, maybe INTJ.

    Still, the overall vibe I get is INFJ.
    Wow. I love the show but for some reason I've never thought of the characters' types. I must say, I found this to be spot-on and very enlightening.

    Huey definitely has the typical NF motivations and outlook. But what I like about him so much is that it's apparent he still has a very rigorous use of logic, and despite all the unfounded stereotypes of NFs, *every* one I've really gotten to know is the same way in real-life. They have that weird, cosmic combination of reason and humanity-wide thinking. That's probably why I find his character so three-dimensional and believable.

    Cool. I'll rank Huey up there as one of the best examples of an INFJ -- and an NF in general -- in popular fiction.

    PS: Riley an ENTP? No way.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

Similar Threads

  1. What's your favorite font?
    By proteanmix in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-02-2017, 12:56 AM
  2. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-26-2015, 02:28 AM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-27-2013, 07:20 PM
  4. Housing market cartoons
    By darlets in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 11:05 PM
  5. My daughter's favorite smilies
    By Jasz in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 06:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO