• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bret and Jemaine

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Why is Jermaine insisting on Bret being grounded in the real world, concrete actions etc. ? :D

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Innovation does not rule out S's, but they are obviously reluctant to try things in a new way. If they weren't inclined this way, they wouldn't be S's.

You haven't looked into the SP temperament very deeply have you? :D

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Why is Jermaine insisting on Bret being grounded in the real world, concrete actions etc. ? :D

After watching that, I'm even more sure "Jemaine" (from now on, I'll put their names in quotes when referring to their characters) is an S and "Bret" is an N.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
They seem to have a lot of jokes about "Bret" doing something ridiculous and "Jemaine" pointing out how ridiculous it is:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXTCEQo8tlw"]Answer Phone Message[/YOUTUBE]

Another example of this:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr_IIKaeGlQ"]Bret's Day[/YOUTUBE]

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
What exactly was so innovative about the show anyway?

They were a parody folk act, that after being rejected by New Zealand tv networks took a huge punt on the US market, the show is just an expansion on their well established stand up act.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
What exactly was so innovative about the show anyway?

They were a parody folk act, that after being rejected by New Zealand tv networks took a huge punt on the US market, the show is just an expansion on their well established stand up act.

I know ... stage act --> radio show --> television. I've been a fan for years.

I actually think their stage show is far more innovative (and funnier) than their television show. But their tv show is innovative for television. They took "The Monkees," thrust them into a modern setting, and completely dried out the humor. But the way they did it was dazzling. There were so many ways they could have failed, but they pulled it off. :wubbie:

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Another clip:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfexjnK4ktA"]Bought a Cup[/YOUTUBE]

^ J vs. P

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Does anyone have any theories about "Dave"?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oHDpUKB7n8"]Chop the Body Off[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TowzeP4tQkQ"]Dave-A-Tronic 5000[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5SI0BByyFE"]Borrowing Dave's Clothes[/YOUTUBE]

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
One more clip:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1KCjJinGmI"]Air Guitar[/YOUTUBE]

Bret = INFP?

Jemaine = IxTJ?

Murray = ESxJ?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just don't understand the N bias here. It's a little... frankly almost insulting.

I think N's underestimate S's.

But I do still see N bias in these forums quite often... :p It makes me think that some people might assume a lot of things about S's that are unfair or assume they are shallow or stupid because they are S's. I'm not saying that's YOU. But the bias implies this at times. So I got a little eh, touchy. Haha. Sooooorrry! :>)

Oh dear. Sarah Mk II, anyone?

A lesson in logic:
Most of the people on this forum happen to be N.
Being N means that one prefers iNtuition over Sensing.
Most people on this forum have an N-bias.

Alert the media.

Your conclusions however, do not follow.

I'm sure I never meant to suggest that Ss were in some way inferior because our tastes differ. In my experience, they haven't appreciated the show. My dataset was limited. This thread suggests that the appeal is more universal than I imagined. That's cool.

I'm sure I'm not invested enough to debate about what type they are. They are absurdly exaggerated caricatures, after all....

maliafee

Oh dear. Sarah Mk II, anyone?

Who, but who, is Sarah Mk II?

A lesson in logic:

I'm an ISFP, recall? I do need a lesson... :hi:

Most of the people on this forum happen to be N.
Being N means that one prefers iNtuition over Sensing.
Most people on this forum have an N-bias.

Alert the media.

Obviously, but you don't have to be so bigoted about it. :D Kidding, I know you weren't being that way...

Your conclusions however, do not follow.

Wow, no NT ever told me THAT before. *chuckle*

I'm sure I never meant to suggest that Ss were in some way inferior because our tastes differ. In my experience, they haven't appreciated the show. My dataset was limited. This thread suggests that the appeal is more universal than I imagined. That's cool.

I'm sure I'm not invested enough to debate about what type they are. They are absurdly exaggerated caricatures, after all....

You're right. Sorry I got touchy.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Why is this thread so S vs. N? It seems like people are taking things personally for some reason. It's just a thread about a tv show.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Who woulda thought people taking personality personally?

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Who woulda thought people taking personality personally?

New personal rule: Never discuss theory with anyone who isn't NT, NF, or ST. It seems like SFs don't look at any of these things with detachment.

That's a good quality for most activities, but not for abstract handball. :hug:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
New personal rule: Never discuss theory with anyone who isn't NT, NF, or ST. It seems like SFs don't look at any of these things with detachment.

How do you detach from the very essence of your self (personality)?

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
It's S vs N because's N's rule and S's drool. O'doyle rules!

Favorite quotes from this season of Flight of the Conchords was in the song done like the piano man in episode 9 with:

"She was comparable to Cleopatra"
-Quite old
"She was shakespeares Juliet"
-Oh 13?

Episode 4:
"If you kick my dick, I won't break your balls"

and

"If you get murdered I'll avenge your death"

Episode 9:

"Stand with your feet apart, like your balls are on fire."

I love the recurring themes!

When Jemaine becomes a prostitute.......the whole episode was awesome!

The show is almost funnier after the fact, than while watching it!