MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    The real people are obviously Ns.

I can't believe that is even being debated.
    I'm not convinced.

How are they both so obviously N, I want specifics?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I'm not convinced.

How are they both so obviously N, I want specifics?

Hanging out with the wacky 'Flight of the Conchords' - CNN.com

^ That might be the closest I've seen them to being out of character.

- When they answer most of the questions, they respond to the implied questions rather than the questions themselves.

- Listen to the way Bret responds to the question about their popularity. You can almost see his N wandering around. I watched that interview with an S friend, and he felt like his answer had nothing to do with the question he was asked.

- Contrast them with the third producer, James Bobin. He follows a clear, linear S path of thought.

- There's a reason there are stereotypes about INxx being awkward. Come on ... Jemaine could not possibly be anything else.

I don't have any more specific thoughts other than Jemaine = INxx /Bret = xNxP.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Srsly. N!!!
    Have you ever watched that show with an S?
    They're like WTF is this shit?
    Meanwhile, I'm almost unconscious from laughing.
    Just shows that you don't know enough S's. I know ESFJs, ISFJs, and ISFPs who love the show (including me!!!).

I think N's underestimate S's.

Hanging out with the wacky 'Flight of the Conchords' - CNN.com

^ That might be the closest I've seen them to being out of character.

- When they answer most of the questions, they respond to the implied questions rather than the questions themselves.

- Listen to the way Bret responds to the question about their popularity. You can almost see his N wandering around. I watched that interview with an S friend, and he felt like his answer had nothing to do with the question he was asked.

- Contrast them with the third producer, James Bobin. He follows a clear, linear S path of thought.
    I'm sorry, but sometimes ISFPs jump from thing to thing, all over the place, because in their heads it follows a clear line even if no one else can understand that. That's why ISFPs' behavior can seem original, weird, and erratic at times.

- There's a reason there are stereotypes about INxx being awkward. Come on ... Jemaine could not possibly be anything else.
    No? ISFJs can act awkward like that...

I don't have any more specific thoughts other than Jemaine = INxx /Bret = xNxP.

My opinion is:

Jemaine: ISFJ
    Bret: ISFP or INFP

Also:

Something I haven't heard mentioned; how the sets (their apartment, etc.) are decorated in a very aesthetically pleasing manner. Young S's in the Indie scene are all over that kind of style -- lots of textures and fabrics and interesting wall paper, rich color, everything combined brightly and pleasingly with a vintage feel. Both Bret and Jemaine dress sharper and more stylishly (their style is NOT weird and off beat, in fact it's very typical of the indie scene for the last 10 years) than most N's I've ever met.
    Both those things point to S.

But if they're N's that's fine, too. I just don't understand the N bias here. It's a little... frankly almost insulting.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

They don't have anything to do with the set design. They've said this in interview. The other producer (James Bobin) has control of that.

Jemaine (in real life) seems to put some effort into his clothes. But Bret just wears the same things over and over again, his clothes rarely fit, and that beard has a tendency to go nuts.

Re: The N bias ... I have plenty of S friends, and I know plenty of S's who watch the show. But I still do not think they are S's. James Bobin probably is though.

Also, N does not = poor dresser.

Never said N = poor dresser. Whoops, if that's what I implied. But S's are typically more concerned with being stylish and in fashion. I know many stylish N's (especially INFJs and INTPs, from my experience).

Fair enough that they don't do the set design or anything. But I do still see N bias in these forums quite often... :P It makes me think that some people might assume a lot of things about S's that are unfair or assume they are shallow or stupid because they are S's. I'm not saying that's YOU. But the bias implies this at times. So I got a little eh, touchy. Haha. Sooooorrry! :>)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Never said N = poor dresser. Whoops, if that's what I implied. But S's are typically more concerned with being stylish and in fashion. I know many stylish N's (especially INFJs and INTPs, from my experience).

Fair enough that they don't do the set design or anything. But I do still see N bias in these forums quite often... :P It makes me think that some people might assume a lot of things about S's that are unfair or assume they are shallow or stupid because they are S's. I'm not saying that's YOU. But the bias implies this at times. So I got a little eh, touchy. Haha. Sooooorrry! :>)

It's no problem. Some of the most intelligent, talented people I know are S-types. Their ability to focus is breath-taking.

I really do think the other producer/writer could be responsible for many of the S-influences you're observing. But he's not as well known as Bret and Jemaine, so he's not mentioned as much.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Does everyone think they're both Fs? I have no idea.