I haven't watched too much anime, but I do have a crush on L. Yeah, a great big crush on an animated character. I also liked Maggie from the ROD series and Hellsing, but I haven't seen either of those in years.
1. L from Death Note. He reminded me of some people I have met before: extremely intelligent, quirky, and with no friends really. That's my favorite type of person to get to know because they are usually very interesting...and they usually change my perspective on life in some way.
2. Vash from Trigun. He's just an awesome guy all around basically.
3. Griffith from Berserk (maybe?). He was one of the best "villains" I've seen. Calm, cool, ambitious.....he seemed like a genuinely good guy too. It seemed like there was a lot more going on in his inner world than we see.
1) Naota Nandaba from FLCL
A great character from a fantastic anime. Despite everything that happens, the series is all Naota's story.
2) Porco Rosso from Porco Rosso
Any character whose name is "Crimson Pig" and who fights sky pirates and fascists is a champ.
3) Daisuke Jigen from The Castle of Cagliostro
Lupin's character is pretty awesome, but wouldn't be the same if Jigen wasn't there to throw him into contrast. The Streamline dub, where Jigen was voiced Steve Bulen and Wolfe by Bob Bergen, was what first got me into anime.
Chivalry is only a name for that general spirit or state of mind which disposes men to heroic actions, and keeps them conversant with all that is beautiful and sublime in the intellectual and moral world
- Kenelm Henry Digby