• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Musical obsession poll

Do you become obsessed with new music?

• Yes (elaborate)

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No (elaborate)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes (explain)

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Protest/wtf?

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Langrenus

Do you become obsessed with new music? If I hear an album I invariably hate it the first time, get hooked on a couple of tracks the second, and then listen to it repeatedly for about a fortnight (and hear songs during the day/when I'm trying to get to sleep)

So on the flimsy premise of attempting to identify some kind of type-based generalities here, respond!

Edit: Bugger, forgot to make it public. You'll have to post to maintain the charade of keeping this MBTI-related.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, there are a couple of titles that did that to me, except I liked them the first time, and all the subsequent times. Although with too many listens, I can get burned out on them temporarily. But I seem to come back to them eventually anyway.

Duran Duran - Greatest Hits

Styx - Brave New World

The Big 80's: Arena Rock

This intense preference for 80's music seems really weird when you consider that I'm 19.

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
I LOVE music, some albums hook me so bad it can be like you said, at least 2 weeks of non stop listening to the album before another album hooks me. I kill the songs lol seriously, after too many weeks of hearing said album I am not so into it anymore, until a certain amount of time passes.

There are some songs though that I have to listen to weekly, need my dose.

Blue October was the last obsession, and now the orange lights who only have 2 songs to obsess over. :doh:

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Not exactly obsessed.. but I do enjoy hearing music I already like in a better format. So, when I bought my stonking new subwoofer (Mordaunt Short) to complete my system, I had a lot of fun last week with some of my favourite music. Not sure the neighbours enjoyed :)

-Geoff

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, well, the music I become "obsessed" with is usually not "new" per se, but new to me... oftentimes I'll find a couple songs I like, then go back to my old obsessions, then come back to the new album and assimilate it into my obsessive collective...

Music in general is an obsession to me.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
I go through spurts where I become obsessed with all things, really. Or at least interesting things. Right now I'm disgusted with the state of much of the new music I hear so this isn't one of them.

But that's not always the way of it. I can look back and see intervals where I paid great attention to music, in particular, new stuff, and others where it was nowhere on the radar.

Langrenus

Ahh, the pleasure of discovering new sound layers in old music with new speakers... :nice:

Amen to that; on past occasions I've genuinely not realised that I've heard a track before.

Ah, to have money to spend on these things.