User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: March Madness!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    I am from Memphis and go to the university. Memphis is taking home the gold this year.
    It's okay. At least Duke lost too.

Oh, wait, I guess I'm comforting myself here.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post

Duke didn't just lose. Nova blew them off the court. I can see them making the championship game.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    I

Of course Duke chokes again. They are getting to the point of overrated as a college basketball program. Big time credit to Villanova.

Also, props to Missouri beating the team which many picked to win it all in Memphis. (I picked them to lose in the final to UNC.)

Glad Pittsburgh won. I hope Mizzou can beat UConn.

As for tonight's matchups, I'm hoping Syracuse and Arizona can win. If it were up to me, I'd have a Final Four of Syracuse, Pitt, Arizona, and Missouri.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Of course Duke chokes again. They are getting to the point of overrated as a college basketball program. Big time credit to Villanova.
    I wouldn't call that a "choke." Villanova are better than Duke this year, period.

Also, props to Missouri beating the team which many picked to win it all in Memphis. (I picked them to lose in the final to UNC.)
    Missouri played a great game. It was nice to see my man Tyreke Evans go off last night, though. He played high school ball about ten minutes from where I grew up. I heard about him when was about 13. Looks like he could be a superstar at the next level.

Glad Pittsburgh won. I hope Mizzou can beat UConn.
    The Big East is nasty, isn't it?

As for tonight's matchups, I'm hoping Syracuse and Arizona can win. If it were up to me, I'd have a Final Four of Syracuse, Pitt, Arizona, and Missouri.
    I'm working on a shoot tonight, so I will miss most of the action. I'd like to see Arizona win, too.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I think Tyreke Evans needs another year in school. Everyone was comparing him to Derek Rose, but Rose is/was a better ballplayer. Rose has that instinct, that ability to make everyone around him better. He had leadership ability, even as a freshman. Evans has skills, he can score, but I don't see the same things in him I saw in Rose.

The NBA is full of people who can run just as fast, jump just as high, and score like Evans can. Many of them wash out of the NBA (see many of the high school players in the past) without ever maximizing their talent. He needs another year to blossom.

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I think Tyreke Evans needs another year in school. Everyone was comparing him to Derek Rose, but Rose is/was a better ballplayer. Rose has that instinct, that ability to make everyone around him better. He had leadership ability, even as a freshman. Evans has skills, he can score, but I don't see the same things in him I saw in Rose.

The NBA is full of people who can run just as fast, jump just as high, and score like Evans can. Many of them wash out of the NBA (see many of the high school players in the past) without ever maximizing their talent. He needs another year to blossom.
    We will definitely win next year. Wait till our roster gets some more experience on their shoulders, we will be unstoppable.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    We will definitely win next year. Wait till our roster gets some more experience on their shoulders, we will be unstoppable.
    Who? Evans, Dozier, and Anderson are gone. Taggert I guess will still be there. That's about it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I got the "worst bracket" award after like 3 days in the march madness game I was playing. My entire bracket is red.