User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: March Madness!

I picked Louisville, Pitt, North Carolina and Memphis for my Final Four, with Louisville winning. I toyed with knocking North Carolina out before the Final Four, and I sort of wish I had now. I thought they were shaky coming in, and watching them play against LSU has not dissuaded me from that opinion at all. The ACC is wildly overrated.

I'm doing well in my bracket. I was 26-6 in the first round, and I'm 9-0 in the second round assuming Syracuse holds onto a 9 point lead with 3 minutes left.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

It's all about the toe, man.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Exactly.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I admit I am a little worried about my heels because of the toe- is that irony? a team with a foot for a symbol that is kept from being at the top of their game because of one of the star players' toes?

Shouldn't have stepped in that tar I guess.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Lasting_Pain

Memphis is going all the way!

I admit I am a little worried about my heels because of the toe- is that irony? a team with a foot for a symbol that is kept from being at the top of their game because of one of the star players' toes?

Shouldn't have stepped in that tar I guess.
    If we each win one more game we'll play each other to go to the Final Four. I'll be planting banana peels all over Ty Lawson's hotel room.

Johari
    /Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

A toe today helped save my school from Marquette.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    A toe today helped save my school from Marquette.
    Nah, that was the first reasonable call the refs made that entire half. Every out-of-bounds call, every foul call, everything...went Marquette's way. The refs did everything they could to make that a close game. I think Mizzou will lose to Memphis because they'll just be so overmatched talent-wise. But I'm really happy with a Sweet 16 appearance after the mess left by Quin Snyder.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Nah, that was the first reasonable call the refs made that entire half. Every out-of-bounds call, every foul call, everything...went Marquette's way. The refs did everything they could to make that a close game. I think Mizzou will lose to Memphis because they'll just be so overmatched talent-wise. But I'm really happy with a Sweet 16 appearance after the mess left by Quin Snyder.
    Marquette fans are still mad about that free throw substitution! Yeah, subbing a freshman with a worse FT% for an injured team leader that just hit two big free throws moments earlier is cheating...

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post

I am from Memphis and go to the university. Memphis is taking home the gold this year.