• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Statue Wars

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I think it seems that both statues are a more peaceful vs. a more lively way. I like the statue of liberty because it's a feeling of peace and comfort.. but my heart will always be drawn to the female warrior.

With the statues, the buddha is a more peaceful statue, whereas the Christ the Redeemer seems very forward and bold. I think I have no preference between the two, but since I'm in a bolder-mood today, I vote Christ the Redeemer.

Magia Erebea User

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4W5
The Statue of Liberty, despite what it was intended to signify when it was created out of the goodwill of the French people, to me is now a symbol of all the double standards and empty virtues that plague the common American while the elite continue to oppress the masses from their ivory towers. Liberty? Please. That's why O.J. got off, why less than 5 white collar criminals of the nations biggest scandals (Enron, Tyco, Arthur Anderson, etc.) do any time in jail and still keep the money they stole from their shareholders, and why sentences for possession of crack are far more stringent than those for powdered cocaine. "Liberty and Justice for all...commensurate with how much money you have, what race you are, and who you know."

YOU FAIL AT LIFE - END IT NOW!

Simple generalizations are naught but by the losers with no talent for flaming. Or "Simple insults created by simple minds." if the first line was a little over your head.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway I like how the Lantau Budda looks but I'm going to have to go with Christ the Redeemer based on what the statue stands for.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Thiruvalluvar_Statue

tiruvalluvarstatuekanya.jpg