• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Twilight vs. Harry Potter

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All I know is that most of the Harry Potter movies, except for the last one, were incomparable to Toilet.

The last Harry Potter on the other hand, focused on all the Twilight-like teenage romances and not on Voldemort's past. That and the movie was just boring.

I like Harry Potter in general because it has broader appeal.

Twilight, on the other hand, merely has broad appeal.

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
The first 5 Harry Potter books were really good(and the 6th was somewhat of an episode of 90210 if you catch my drift)

Twilight doesn't have anything going for it: 2-dimensional and a romance at that, it's just plain bad.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I never read HP and I'm not too interested.
I've seen the movies [though I'm sure the books are always best] and I really don't care for it.

Though I read all the Twilight books and was obsessed, you realize that the story isn't really that deep. Not that thats bad or anything. Anyone can pick up the twilight series and understand and enjoy it. I like that. Its not complicated to put yourself there for those who don't like to read or have trouble. I know tons of people who got into reading thanks to Meyers. But hey, I cant say im too fond of Bella. I enjoy the vampires and werewolves action, but Bella is just sooooo clingy to Edward. Its an unhealthy relationship and she doesn't grow to her potential. I think thats what I don't care too much about it :/

Though I think if that may girls [and guys] are reading that series than maybe some guys need to pick up on it. Obviously if girls are fantasying about Edward than maybe girls want a guy more like him. A guy that will treat her like a princess and will do what he can to protect her. If anything, THAT needs to be taken from the book. How guys can woo the girls and truly show how you care. Chivalry is not dead. Many girls still dream of such things.

Ok, my little 'love' fest is over.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Harry Potter is fine. It's not amazing, but it's fine.

Twilight is not fine. It's not amazing, but it's not fine.

I had 20+ people assure me before reading Twilight that it would be astonishing and "change my life." I was amused at it, but did not enjoy it, nor did I learn anything from reading it (I dissect books as I read so I can figure out writing styles...it helps me as a writer to see what works and doesn't. :blush:). See, I had hoped to figure out what made a good romance novel from reading it. Honestly? I felt no passion between them at all. Nothing plausible, anyway. Also, Bella was a snob. Also, Edward creeped me out. I loved the characters who were hated upon the most (Jacob, Leah, Rosalie, Jessica, and Angela) and whenever the plot was getting interesting the writer copped out for TRU WUV. In conclusion, the books sucked and I was sadly disappointed.

I tell people this. "You haven't finished the series!" they tell me.

I read all the way through. I tell people this.

"You're a bitch who can't appreciate the fact that Edward is sexy, and you're a book snob!"

Sigh.

Lightyear

Thinking about it what I really liked about the first Twilight book was that because of the way it was written it has a certain dreamlike feel to it. Meyer might not be the most amazing writer but she knows how to create an atmosphere.