User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    You can still demand quality and standards without being a snob.

I'm hardly a snob.
    I hope you didn't think I meant you specifically. I was talking about hard-core snobs that I know in real life, I guess. I've been having to deal with a few on a daily basis lately. Ugh. Not book snobs though, music snobs. They totally have their heads up their asses.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    I hope you didn't think I meant you specifically. I was talking about hard-core snobs that I know in real life, I guess. I've been having to deal with a few on a daily basis lately. Ugh. Not book snobs though, music snobs. They totally have their heads up their asses.
    I wouldn’t worry too much about running into hardcore snobs on a board where most people are fascinated by topics like “obese 4 year olds.”
    i believe that i am in hell, therefore i am there.
    –arthur rimbaud

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    I love indie music. Went and saw that great snob band, The Hold Steady for my last concert.

Though I also love ABBA...

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I can't even believe there is a comparison between the two. HP was something very different, and very good. Still meant for children, so YMMV, but good. Still hated the ending.
    I know. Not even close to being in the same league. The ending was lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by zarc View Post
    Thanks for the link! Haven't read erotica in a while. And fantasy at that. Nummy combo.
    It blows Rice's garbage out of the water. Plenty of bdsm and alternative sex, but in an actual story that could hold it's own without the smut. You won't regret reading it. It's excellent.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp

Twilight is boring.
    Edward is annoying.
    Bella is worse.
    =[
    I grew up liking Harry Potter; although I was a little peeved with Deathly Hallows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves,
    who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad
    memories and allow themselves to be provoked this
    easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance."
    -Severus Snape

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteIntrigue View Post
    Twilight is boring.
    Edward is annoying.
    Bella is worse.
    =[
    I grew up liking Harry Potter; although I was a little peeved with Deathly Hallows.

I loved Deathly Hallows! Why be peeved at the 7th? Oh wait, I would say why I was peeved, but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    INTP

I am convinced that Twilight gained its popularity for these reasons:

1) Rabid teenagers needed something to latch onto in the void left by the finished Harry Potter series. Amongst these include the prior younger generation who felt left out from not being a part of the HP fandomonium.
    2) Meyer made some right move in her marketing strategy. I'm sure one could study Twilight's publication timing, plot pitch, and various negotiations that supported its success. It wouldn't be surprising if Meyer and many other writers today are studying the success of Rowling.
    I kinda feel sad for authors who have written the same vampire-werewolf-romance stories *coughLJSmithcough* but didn't benefit from the same recognition, and in turn are seen as imitators.
    3) There doesn't seem to be as many young hot actors these days, so today's teen girls will create larger clusters around the fewer gravitational centers of sexypop. Especially if they look like cracked-out stoners.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

All this Twilight stuff is fucking annoying. You can't get away from it.

But..I am a die hard HP fan. Read all of the books numerous times, am an avid MuggleNet (HP fan website) visitor, listen to HP podcasts, and am at every midnight showing. LOL, I'm terrible. Sorry.

I know a lot of people don't care for these two books, but I think they are judged too fast. Half the people who judge them as being poorly constructed books haven't actually read them, but hate the franchise. So..don't be so judgmental! You can't criticize something you haven't experienced.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    I'll apologize to all Twilight fans in advance, but I read an excerpt and it was so bad that it felt like someone had bludgeoned my brain and raped my soul. I would rather read racy, teenage fanfiction than subject myself to that. But to each their own, of course.
    [youtube=VzPsdkTCufs]It Looks Good On You, Though![/youtube]
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kangol View Post
    I am convinced that Twilight gained its popularity for these reasons:

1) Rabid teenagers needed something to latch onto in the void left by the finished Harry Potter series. Amongst these include the prior younger generation who felt left out from not being a part of the HP fandomonium.
    2) Meyer made some right move in her marketing strategy. I'm sure one could study Twilight's publication timing, plot pitch, and various negotiations that supported its success. It wouldn't be surprising if Meyer and many other writers today are studying the success of Rowling.
    I kinda feel sad for authors who have written the same vampire-werewolf-romance stories *coughLJSmithcough* but didn't benefit from the same recognition, and in turn are seen as imitators.
    3) There doesn't seem to be as many young hot actors these days, so today's teen girls will create larger clusters around the fewer gravitational centers of sexypop. Especially if they look like cracked-out stoners.
    Meyer's right move was making Bella a Mary Sue stand-in, which made her universal to the teenage-girl demographic. One of the thing teenage girls are known to do is dream up a romantic fantasy like Twilight using a Mary Sue character like Bella to represent themselves. So Twilight is essentially their own fantasies being realized.

Personally, I couldn't care less about Twilight. If I want vampires, werewolves, and romance, I'll watch Underworld.