INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Default Mandatory Resident Evil 5 thread

Resident Evil 5

Less than a week to go!

Who is looking forward to it?
    Who thinks it will suck?

The initial reviews are now in, and im not sure if im pleased or disappointed. Apparently they have done away with alot of the survival aspects such as limited ammo. And they have changed the focus from horror to action. I will still be getting it whatever happens.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I can't play those games because I cannot move while aiming. I can't play characters that are so moronic as to have their gross motor skills fail while trying to concentrate on shot placement. And ammo management is never fun.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I can't play those games because I cannot move while aiming. I can't play characters that are so moronic as to have their gross motor skills fail while trying to concentrate on shot placement. And ammo management is never fun.
    BLASPHEMER!

Naw, I can understand your complaint. I believe the original reason the RE series used such a control scheme was to limit the maneuverability of the players, so making them feel vulnerable. The fact is that zombies are never going to catch you when you can simply walk backwards while firing. Still, games have grown alot since even RE4 and I think the reason they have kept the control scheme is to please the fans more than anything, since its much more action-focused now.

And since im a fan, im happy with it. ^_^
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

I'm looking forward to it, because the graphics looked good from what I seen on the trailers, and it's really horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Seriously.

... I played Resident Evil 4 solely for the horror, and repeated the game a number of times because you get to purchase better, more interesting weapons in the next stages. Having to beat "Professional Level" is the only thing that keeps the game interesting nowadays.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I played the first Resident Evil and thought it was pretty cool. I usually don't like first/third person shooter games, but they really did the horror vibe right and made the game cool. I played the demo of RE5, and it looks like they took out the horror vibe and just made it a game about shooting a lot of zombies.

I'm giving RE5 a pass.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by persianness View Post
    I played Resident Evil 4 solely for the horror

Wait, what horror?

I think they should just give up on the survival/horror label. It's neither about surviving nor being scared, anymore.

That being said, I found RE4 entertaining as a shooter. I'm not sure RE5 is different enough to warrant a purchase, though. Seems like the exact same formula. What else did they change about the setting and the graphics?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

It was scary at first, but yeah - it did get normal and quite action-packed eventually...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I think they should just give up on the survival/horror label. It's neither about surviving nor being scared, anymore.
    There's always Silent Hill...

While I'm definately going to play RE5, I doubt that I will enjoy it as much as the previous incarnations. The emphasis seems to be on cooperative play with the second character, which is almost more annoying than fun and further takes the series away from the Survival Horror theme.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nancynobullets View Post
    Who thinks it will suck?
    I think it'll suck for the same reasons the other ones sucked.
    we fukin won boys