• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If types were RPG classes...

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
For Conjuration I was thinking more of summoning minions from the planes etc and having them do ones bidding, but your way of looking at it is probably truer to PNP.

Since others have brought up Everquest 1, how would you see Enchanters in EQ1 and EQ2 as far as what types would be drawn to them and what types would have a natural talent for them?

I played EQ1 for many years and had an enchanter alt and enjoyed the character, but it took every ounce of my concentration to play with even average ability, but I did have the privilage of grouping and raidign with some exceptionaly talendted enchanters and there was a world of difference between them and the average players in both how easily it seemed to come to them and what they could do for a group/raid. As a comparison, I found playing a Shaman (my main in EQ1 for several years) close to efortless in groups (with soloing I could challenge myself a bit more :)) and even got frequent compliments about my skill in keeping groups alive and buffed and thought it strange to get so many compliments for a class that did not seem nearly as chalenging to play well as a good enchanter (my theory here is that introverts make better healers because they are healing when they should be instead of chatting or trying to get in the middle of the action with their mace/staff etc :)). Thinking about that puts a twist on the question of type and class when it regards MMOGS, since sometimes the type that a class appeals to is not really a great fit because the skills needed better match another type.

On a basic level, enchanters have high group-ability as well as high solo-ability and can travel/sell/quest in practically every city. They as a class become rarer and rarer as you level due to their substantial learning curve: mezzing/memory bluring multiple mobs continually, stunning/slowing whilst managing their aggro and harnessing their charm ability in both group/solo contexts.

A good male ENTJ friend of mine played one back in the day. His talents were server renowned (Povar Server) and had groups begging for him to join them. He was also in the top server guild as well. He certainly played "The Field Marshall" in eq: deciding when/what to fight and doing it well.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
STJ - Paladin.
The defender of his friends, able to fight once you piss him off, and he can heal his friends. Can you describe "Guardian" personality type any better

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I always pick the rogue. Allows me to get cool weapons\items using some thieving skills and who cares I mean, it's a damn game, not real you know. And assassin skills are just kinda cool in a strategic combat way. The sorcerer never really appealed to me. I mean magics looks cool but hell, playing xx hours never actually touching anybody and always staying away from the action is a deal breaker.

My favorite rogue\assassin in a game was the assassin in diablo 2. Dueling with a fighting assassin -so no traps- was an art.

Doppleganger

MBTI Type
IxtP
Enneagram
5w4
I love playing pet classes. The other mages don't do it for me for some reason.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I always pick healer or a long range fighter in MMOs.

I used to play a holy Paladin as my main on WoW

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
INFP could be a cleric but I think a Monk (according the ADD v3) description fits it well also. Clerics have to be quite charismatic something that an ENFP is much more akin to then an INFP.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Choosing from Dota Allstars as personas related to MBTI for role play strategy

INFP as -

Faerie Dragon, Puck - In Sentinel's search for heroes to aid them in the war against the Scourge, they discovered the lost lands of the mystical Faerie Dragons. Upon explaining the conflict to the Faerie Queen of Agrace, she sent forth Puck, a personal guardian, to turn the tides of war. Despite his small size and mischievous personality, the little dragon soon proved to pack more than his fair share of power on the battlefield, blasting through the enemy ranks with balls of magic, faerie dust, and the capability to stupefy an entire army with nothing more than his imagination. His foes all learned the hard way that size matters not in combat, and that appearances are, ultimately, deceiving.

Priestess of the Moon, Mirana Nightshade - A matriarch and high priestess of Elune's blessed order, Mirana Nightshade serves as a light in darkness for the front line of the Sentinel ranks, raining arrows and falling stars alike upon the shambling undead masses of the Undead Scourge, while her very presence is said to be so holy that it melts away the fatigue of nearby allies, giving them greater haste on the battlefield. In times of need however, she can fade herself and others around her into the safety of invisibility, making her a potent supporter matched by few.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
hmm.. I'll try my hand at my own topic.

SJs
- ESTJ - Going off the traditional description, I would assume an ESTJ character would be a typical rank-and-file Knight, fighting to protect whatever's worth protecting to him. However, a corrupted ESTJ could easily be swayed into being a Dark Knight as well.
- ISTJ - ISTJs would totally be Lone Warrior types, or alternatively, Archers.
- ESFJ - ESFJs could be good at any type of Mage class, and most likely an adept Healer as well.
- ISFJ - ISFJs could be the best Healer type class, especially in a small party where they have a need to be a central anchor.

SPs
- ESTP - Brawler / Berserker.
- ISTP - I would say an ISTP is more likely to use a Gun than any other type of class, as their natural mechanical curiosity is spurred by practical cutting edge technology like the gun.
- ESFP - An ESFP would almost invariably be good at a Support role, or, like in Final Fantasy Tactics, the Mediator role.
- ISFP - ISFPs are hard, because it's hard to imagine them in a fight. They'd probably do something surprising though, like using Music to battle in some way.

NTs
ENTJ - ENTJs would be your rank-and-file Commander style class, or, barring such a class in a party, I would say they lean towards the Dark Knight role.
INTJ - INTJs would be Dark Knights or Mages of some sort - ruthless efficiency at the cost of one's soul. Ehehehe. Barring being completely evil, INTJs could also fit into a Tactician role, or a support character who specializes in hitting enemy weaknesses.
ENTP - ENTPs would be Used Car Salesman NPCs. No party members could be ENTPs, and saying otherwise just makes you look foolish.
INTP - Time Mages, no doubt about it.

I didn't forget NFs, but my views on their classes is FAR TOO CONTROVERSIAL to post here.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Mage: INTP
Master Thief/Trickster:ENTP
Wizard:INTJ
Warlord/Darklord/Warmonger: ENTJ
High priest/Bishop:ENFJ
Seer: INFJ
Warrior: ESTP
Weaponmaster/Hunter:ISTP
Archer: ISFP
Charmer/Companion:ESFP
Loreseeker:INFP
Knight: ESTJ
Soldier: ISTJ
Monk: ISFJ
Barkeep:ESFJ
Scribe/Tutor: ENFP

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Tanks are always great in rpgs. They bear the attitude, of exactly doing what they are told too :D.

We were in a dungeon and our priest was lieing out the tactics. The tank was standing like a machine in front line awaiting instructions. Then the priest lied out, what he is gonna say when the tank needs to attack, by that time our poor tank must have been totally overstrained with the whole situation.

Yeah well, the priest was still talking and the tank already had gone fighting, because he thought the priest said to attack, it was marvellous :D.

I managed to take down 5 mobs with him until we went down, because the priest refused to heal because he was offended :D
yours was one instance (ha), but I'm a tank (i occasionally dps) and when i tank i mark the targets, the dps attacks while i keep the focus on me and the healer heals. if it's an area i haven't been to i will let another who is more familiar lead otherwise it's the tanks job to strategize and thank the healer for being so awesome. ;P I also try and stay away from pugs as it usually ends in tears for at least one person.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
INTP-God?

Wait that is a class right?

We usually create the rpg anyway!

Yeah, but you guys seem to have a thing for making F-type main characters, or at least a bunch of sappy types. That, or the character is so hyper-masculine or feminine that they can't even be considered human anymore.

I think it's all about jealousy.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
Which type would make the best GM?

My ENFP friend is a superb GM par excellence. However, he used to value my input in helping him plan his campaigns. The way he executed them and played the NPCs etc was simply fantastic.

L

Lasting_Pain

INTJ, they can be an effective GM.

An ENFP GM would always forgive people and try to help them out.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
It depends on what type of gamer you are I think. Dave Arneson really created role-playing and my guess would be he's ENFP. Gary Gygax focused more on the tactical aspect of D&D and I think he was some sort of INTx. So based on that I think the best GM based on preference would be

role-playing: ENFP
roll-playing: INTx

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Paladin - ESFJ
Priest - ISFJ
Warrior - xSTJ
Rogue - xSTP
Bard - xSFP
Mage - INxx

cogdecree

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
ENTJ: Warlord (new class in the 4th edition of D&D)
INTJ: Assassin
INTP: Wizard
ENTP: Thief
ENFJ: Warpriest
ENFP: Sausage vendor (sorcerer)
INFP: Cleric healer
INFJ: Priest
ESTP: Fighter-> Swashbuckler
ESFP: Bard
ISTP: Fighter -> Weaponmaster
ISFP: Ranger
ESTJ: Cleric of Helm (Helm sees all, know that and be JUDGED!)
ISTJ: Paladin
ISFJ: Do they even fight? Ever???? :shock:

What I would change

ISTP- Assassin
INTJ- Warlock
ISTJ- Doomguard
ISFJ- Paladin
ENTP- swashbuckler
ENFP- Bard as well

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type